Chickenpox

How is chickenpox treated?

Query: dear sir i am suffering from chicken pox last two days with fever so plz. give me opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Greetings of the day! Chicken pox is a viral disease. First and foremost, please isolate yourself from other members of the family as this is a communicable disease. Get vaccination done against chicken pox for other members of the family including small children. The patient will not be ...  Read Full »

How to treat skin infection due to chickenpox?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the treatments available for chickenpox in an adult and secondary bacterial infection of the skin due to chicken pox?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Treatment for chickenpox in adults is tablet Acyclovir 800 mg five times a day for seven days. For secondary bacterial infection, you can apply Soframycin (Framycetin) ointment over the skin lesions three times a day for one week. You can also take some antihistaminic...  Read Full »

What to do if you get chickenpox during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. My weight is 48 kg. I am 3 months 2 weeks pregnant. Now, I got chickenpox. I am very anxious about the adverse affect for my baby. I have visited a gynecologist and she suggested me to get abortion. Please clarify me the right step.  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Really this is a confusing state, but this does not mean you have to abort the fetus right now. When mother get infected with chickenpox, fetus carries a risk. But the risk is only 2% and in those cases the fetus might develop rarely some form of abnormality. Thus...  Read Full »

What can cause tiny fluid-filled blisters on the arm?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I have clusters of tiny fluid-filled blisters on my right¬†palm, arm and below the neck at backside. These are causing inflammation and painful when touched or pressed. It has rapidly increased in two days and is now spreading to other body parts. In the past, I had pso...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted. Kindly answer some questions. For how many days you are having these? Are there only one place you have mentioned or everywhere else? Is there itching at the site of lesions? Did you have any insect bite? Any history...  Read Full »

Varicella IgG test of my pregnant wife shows equivocal. What does it imply?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 8 weeks pregnant. Two weeks back my brother got infected with chickenpox and after that, even my sister in law is infected with chickenpox. My wife has already had chicken pox in her early schooling days. I have a few questions. Is it advisable for my wife to stay in the s...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can understand your concern. I will answer one by one. As you told me it is 8th week I would like to tell you that in the first 12 weeks the overall risk of transmitting infection to the ch...  Read Full »

I have a lesion that spreads from the arms to stomach and back. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, It started with a burning sensation on my neck and then I have noticed red dots in the inner side of my arms. Then it spread to my stomach and back. They itch sometimes. I have previous history of psoriasis on my knees, but this is different. I also had shingles when I was 7 years old.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read your given history. Your case looks like a guttate psoriasis. This type of psoriasis occurs in individual who had plaque psoriasis and developed sudden appearance of an outbreak of red d...  Read Full »

Does the appearance of a few blister of chicken pox suggest enough antibodies in body?

Query: Hello doctor, My twin daughters, age is 17years. One of them got the first blister of chicken pox and totally she got 30-40 blisters a few on back, hands, scalp, chest and 4-5 blisters on forehead. Now since yesterday, they have formed a scab. Second twin got the first blister on the chest five da...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to understand that chicken pox (varicella) vaccine does not guarantee that one would never get chicken pox. It tries to give control over it and if it fails, chicken pox occurs. Most of the times the severity is low, as the person already has pre-formed anti...  Read Full »

Why do I have itchy fluid-filled lesions and throat pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My son who is 28 years old is 6 feet tall and weighs 84 kg. He had an issue of urticaria last year and was under medication. He had a course of antihistamines for a month. About five hours ago, he noticed lesions this morning that was itchy. After bathing, the lesion on back has become re...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have attached the pictures (attachments removed to protect identity). Well, is it just a five hour history? Are these vesicles increasing in number? It is looking like chicken pox caused by herpes simplex. Since this disease is in initial stage, I can just m...  Read Full »

After shingles, can I get chickenpox also?

Query: Hello doctor, Are there chances of developing chickenpox after shingles?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox and shingles are caused due to the same virus. Chickenpox occurs first and the virus stays dormant in the dorsal ganglia of the spinal nerves. After years or when immunity decreases, the person gets an attack of shingles. Most people get shingles only once, b...  Read Full »

I am suffering from chickenpox scars on my face for many years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from chickenpox scars since childhood as it left so many marks and holes on my face. I need some suggestions to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the chickenpox scars have been disconcerting to you. The treatment approach would depend on the depth of the wounds. Very deep scars would need a procedure like dermabrasion. For superficial scars, you can try Tretin 0.025 (Tretionin) cream daily ni...  Read Full »