Q. I am suffering from chickenpox for the last two days with fever. Please help.

Dr. Sugandh Garg
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2020

dear sir i am suffering from chicken pox last two days with fever so plz. give me opinion.

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology
#

Hello, Greetings of the day!

Chicken pox is a viral disease.

First and foremost, please isolate yourself from other members of the family as this is a communicable disease. Get vaccination done against chicken pox for other members of the family including small children. The patient will not be benefitted from vaccination at this point of time as he has already got the disease but others in contact with him must get vaccinated.

Nothing much has to be done about it, as it is a self limiting disease and subsides by its own in 2-3 weeks time. Follicles will develop, which will increase in size, spread all over the body, a crust would form which will finally fall off in 2-3 weeks.. You may develop severe itching on the rash, but i recommend, no itching as you may develop permanent scars. Take a mild talcum as it as it will reduce the tendency to itch .

Treatment- i assume you are an adult. For itching, tablet loratadine 10 mg once a day

For fever, take a tablet of crocin or paracetamol SOS is safe.

precautions -

• be in a separate room
  • your utensils and clothes be washed separately from other members of the family and a disinfectant like savlon or dettol may be used for clothes.
  • remain indoors
  • avoid bath, however you may take a sponge clean with warm water.

If the condition severes or any other problem, consult a local physician.

|