Q. My father was taking Xet CR plus and Qutan, and now his behavior is changing. Why?

Dr. Riazahmed Syed
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana

My father was taking Xet cr plus 25 as prescribed by doctor 1 time after meal and also Qutan 100 mg .but he have leave medicine and saying it is too expensive to afford ,Now he is not taking the medicine ,But his behaviors is getting change ,Some times he was crying overr small stuffs Some time angry . He also act as child ,Like If he want want something to eat then will have to .Is there any alternative medicine is available for instead of these ,I had consulted doctor but they said he have to take those medicine.???What to do sir ,

# Xet plus is used for depressive psychosis and OCT illness and it's important he needs CBT therapy and counselling too. Other cheaper preparations like paxidep CR which is cheaper than xet. Proxee CR is still cheaper. But more than that counselling, support and psychological training for ADL are important pillars for his rehabilitation

Age and psychiatric disorders

Base line MR brain study to rule out secondary causes

Normal pressure hydrocephalus

Depressive psychosis

Change in medication and life style modification

Prevent falls

Clncal psychology followup

|