Child Behavior

Can you suggest some alternate medicines for Xet CR plus and Qutan?

Query: Hi doctor, My father was taking Xet CR plus 25 one tablet after meals and Qutan 100 mg as advised by the doctor. After few days, he has stopped taking it. He is not taking it now. He has some changes in his behavior. Sometimes, he cries for small stuff. Sometimes he becomes angry. He also acts li...  Read Full »

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Xet plus is used for depressive psychosis and OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) illness. He needs CBT (cognitive behavior therapy) therapy and counseling. Alternatively, your father can take Paxidep CR (Paroxetine). Other than this, counseling, support, and psycho...  Read Full »

How to potty train a stubborn 3-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a three old grandson. He refuses to have potty training. We have tried everything. He is using underwear but he still pees and poops in his panties. He says lies about pooping in his panties. I can able to smell it. We are not getting angry with him. But when we say to do poop in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In this condition, the best way is to make brain conditioning at this age. This can be done by making the child to wash his soiled pants under your guidance. When this is done a few times, the child will know the consequences and he is forced to go to the potty. Ano...  Read Full »

Can autism result in behavior change in a 5-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is extremely sensitive to loud sounds. When he gets angry, he lashes out at everyone. He breaks things. When I tried to talk about this with him, he ignores to talk. He was well on his potty training and he was going to the bathroom every time without any accide...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Autism is a spectrum and it is not just one or two symptoms. After visiting a relative, he is not pooping in the toilet and so it can be the cause. Children do not say anything but they observe and learn. Rather than asking him, you can use different parenting techn...  Read Full »

How to help a child who does not defend himself?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed lately that my two-year-old son does not defend himself. His younger cousin pulled his hair and bit him. She does in front of me, and he stands there wining without trying to hit back or saving himself from her. He is now in kindergarten, and I am afraid that his peers are...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As a parent, I can understand that it will be difficult to see your little child being hit by others. It is commonly encountered in real life and can be managed gently with helping your son to be more assertive, develop boundaries and relationships with his peers. Ea...  Read Full »

Why does my son put his head to the side and hate it while going over a hill?

Query: Hi doctor, My child is 2.5 years old. I see him upset for two days when people talk around him. He is developing two molars at this moment. We went to a playgroup and he did not have issues at that time. He was fine when a kid started talking and he interacted with other kids. Today, he just lost th...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per history, there is something wrong with this hearing. Your child can have some congestions and it can cause impaired or oversensitive hearing due to glue ear. Decongestants like Cetirizine can help him. Your child can have some wax on the ears and it can cause irr...  Read Full »

Will usage of electronic devices cause delay in speech in small children?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is three and a half years old. He just speaks mom and dad. He suffered from RDS at birth and he was on an incubator for four days. Now, he is healthy, active, and naughty. But he is not in a mood to speak other words. We used to give him a tab to watch cartoons when he was two yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Oliver Chiapco

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. A three and a half-year-old child should be able to speak three-word phrases and should know at least a fifty-word vocabulary. He should be able to speak clearly and intelligibly. If he is not doing the above-mentioned activities, then he shou...  Read Full »

My 5-year-old boy seems tense and cries for little things. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5-year-old boy seems tense and thinks most of the time. He cannot accept if anyone is unhappy with him, he gets really angry, and he starts crying on things which we cannot understand.  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Children do get upset because of several reasons other than hereditary. Mostly it triggers because of present stressor in the environment such as unfulfillment of basic needs (food, social, hygiene, health, etc.). Other stressors might be lack of parental love and at...  Read Full »

An 8-year-old gets angry at home and not listening others. Is it due to ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 8 years old. In school, mostly he is good for everything. At home, he gets angry with parents and his 2 years old sister. We cannot shout at him for anything. Mostly he will not listen to us. He will be making loud sounds, taking a knife, telling he wants to die like that thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your child does have some behavioral problem which can be tackled through parental counseling. Children's behavior develops in response to elder's behaviors because they gradually experience things and grow and learn. So, the way you tackle with your child is th...  Read Full »

Is it normal to skip food often by a 14-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried about my daughter. She is 14 years old and suffers from anxiety, often triggered by being in a crowd or busy environment. In recent months she has started avoiding food. She skips breakfast and then does not eat lunch at school. She will, however, eat her tea at home. Eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Jauhari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teenagers go through difficult phases of mental, emotional and physical growth. It is really good that as a parent you are paying full attention, now here are some suggestions. Do not be critical of your child's behavior. Gently try to introduce the idea that health and...  Read Full »

Please suggest tips to increase concentration and memory power in a 4-year-old kid.

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old baby boy is very active throughout the day and cannot sit or stand for even a second. He always acts like someone in the cartoon and mobile. He will not sleep in the daytime and he has a lack of concentration and sleeping also. He becomes aggressive and often bites and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your 4-year-old baby is very active throughout the day, cannot sit or stand for a second, lack of sleep and concentration, very much aggressive and often bites or hurts his parents. Some medical and mental hea...  Read Full »