Child Behavior

Will usage of electronic devices cause delay in speech in small children?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is three and a half years old. He just speaks mom and dad. He suffered from RDS at birth and he was on an incubator for four days. Now, he is healthy, active, and naughty. But he is not in a mood to speak other words. We used to give him a tab to watch cartoons when he was two yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Oliver Chiapco

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. A three and a half-year-old child should be able to speak three-word phrases and should know at least a fifty-word vocabulary. He should be able to speak clearly and intelligibly. If he is not doing the above-mentioned activities, then he shou...  Read Full »

Can you suggest some alternate medicines for Xet CR plus and Qutan?

Query: My father was taking Xet cr plus 25 as prescribed by doctor 1 time after meal and also Qutan 100 mg .but he have leave medicine and saying it is too expensive to afford ,Now he is not taking the medicine ,But his behaviors is getting change ,Some times he was crying overr small stuffs Some time an...  Read Full »

Dr. Riazahmed Syed

Neurologist, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Xet plus is used for depressive psychosis and OCT illness and it's important he needs CBT therapy and counselling too. Other cheaper preparations like paxidep CR which is cheaper than xet. Proxee CR is still cheaper. But more than that counselling, support and psychological training for ADL are...  Read Full »

My 5-year-old boy seems tense and cries for little things. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5-year-old boy seems tense and thinks most of the time. He cannot accept if anyone is unhappy with him, he gets really angry, and he starts crying on things which we cannot understand.  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Children do get upset because of several reasons other than hereditary. Mostly it triggers because of present stressor in the environment such as unfulfillment of basic needs (food, social, hygiene, health, etc.). Other stressors might be lack of parental love and at...  Read Full »

Why does my son put his head to the side and hate it while going over a hill?

Query: Almost 2.5,year old has been really upset since two days especially when people talk or cry especially kids. He is cutting two molars at the moment. We have been to playgroups with no issues gets super clingy but hes fine. We went outside and he was fine until a kid starting talking. And interacted ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: There may be something wrong with the hearing as per your history. The child may either be having some congestion which may be leading to impaired or over sensitive hearing due to glue ear. Decongestants like cetzine should help. There may also be some wax in the ear which may be creating all the ir...  Read Full »

An 8-year-old gets angry at home and not listening others. Is it due to ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 8 years old. In school, mostly he is good for everything. At home, he gets angry with parents and his 2 years old sister. We cannot shout at him for anything. Mostly he will not listen to us. He will be making loud sounds, taking a knife, telling he wants to die like that thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your child does have some behavioral problem which can be tackled through parental counseling. Children's behavior develops in response to elder's behaviors because they gradually experience things and grow and learn. So, the way you tackle with your child is th...  Read Full »

Is it normal to skip food often by a 14-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried about my daughter. She is 14 years old and suffers from anxiety, often triggered by being in a crowd or busy environment. In recent months she has started avoiding food. She skips breakfast and then does not eat lunch at school. She will, however, eat her tea at home. Eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Jauhari

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teenagers go through difficult phases of mental, emotional and physical growth. It is really good that as a parent you are paying full attention, now here are some suggestions. Do not be critical of your child's behavior. Gently try to introduce the idea that health and...  Read Full »

How to help a child who does not defend himself?

Query: Hi . I have noticed lately that my 2 year old does not defend him self . His younger cousin has pulled his hair and bit him the other does infront of me and he stand there wining without trying to hitback or saving himself from her . He is now in kindergarden and i am afraid that his peers are hit...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq - I can understand that as a parent it will be difficult to see your little child being hit by others. -It is a commonly encountered in real life and can be managed gently with helping your son to be more assertive , develop boundaries and relationships with his peers - ...  Read Full »

Please suggest tips to increase concentration and memory power in a 4-year-old kid.

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old baby boy is very active throughout the day and cannot sit or stand for even a second. He always acts like someone in the cartoon and mobile. He will not sleep in the daytime and he has a lack of concentration and sleeping also. He becomes aggressive and often bites and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your 4-year-old baby is very active throughout the day, cannot sit or stand for a second, lack of sleep and concentration, very much aggressive and often bites or hurts his parents. Some medical and mental hea...  Read Full »

How to potty train a stubborn 3-year-old?

Query: I have a 3 year old grandson (he will be 4 in 2 months). He refuses to potty train. We have tried everything. He is now in underwear hoping he will go on the potty but he still pees and poops in his pants. He has even lied about pooping in his pants when I asked him. I could smell it. We are no...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: The best way around is to develop proper brain conditioning at this age. This can be done in your case by making the child wash the soiled pants while you assist him. When this is done for a few times, the child knows the consequences and is forced to go to the potty. Another method would be to mak...  Read Full »

Can autism result in behavior change in a 5-year-old?

Query: My son is 5 yrs old a male 45 lbs and 3foot 4 inches he is extremely sensitive to loud sound when he is angry he lashes out at who ever he is angry with troughs and brakes things. When you try to talk about or work things out with him he ignores you like your not even there. Also he wa as well on h...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Khandelwal

Answer: Autism is a spectrum and not just one or two symptoms. As you have mentioned that after a visit to a relative he started not going to poop in toilet so it can be the cause. Children don't say anything but observes and learn. So may be rather than asking why you may use different parenting techniques...  Read Full »