Child Behavior

What should be done if a child is not studying even after we request or beat?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 8 years old, and he does not like to do his homework. We requested him to do his homework in a soft voice and tried consoling him to study. Eventually, we gave up and heavily reprimanded my kid almost every day. Sometimes we beat him if things do not happen as expected. Later...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your experience with your son is common among many parents. The situation can be managed with appropriate support. Find out the reason why your son does not like to do his homework. Is he lazy or having any difficulties with studying, reading, or maths? Does he have any ...  Read Full »

My 5-year-old boy seems tense and cries for little things. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5-year-old boy seems tense and thinks most of the time. He cannot accept if anyone is unhappy with him, he gets really angry, and he starts crying on things which we cannot understand.  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Children do get upset because of several reasons other than hereditary. Mostly it triggers because of present stressor in the environment such as unfulfillment of basic needs (food, social, hygiene, health, etc.). Other stressors might be lack of parental love and at...  Read Full »

A 10-year-old girl behaves like a 16-year-old in the way of dressing and talking. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am asking about a 10-year-old girl. She is acting like she is much older than her age (in the wrong way). She is exhibiting behaviors of a 16-year-old, and it is very concerning. She is wearing heavy makeup, making lip-syncing videos using songs that have explicit language and talk ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears that the 10-year old girl in your family is modeling her behavior and trying to emulate some women around her. There may be a socio-cultural element that is driving this behavior, but the young girl's safety needs to be prioritized....  Read Full »

An 8-year-old gets angry at home and not listening others. Is it due to ADHD?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 8 years old. In school, mostly he is good for everything. At home, he gets angry with parents and his 2 years old sister. We cannot shout at him for anything. Mostly he will not listen to us. He will be making loud sounds, taking a knife, telling he wants to die like that thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your child does have some behavioral problem which can be tackled through parental counseling. Children's behavior develops in response to elder's behaviors because they gradually experience things and grow and learn. So, the way you tackle with your child is th...  Read Full »

Is it normal to skip food often by a 14-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried about my daughter. She is 14 years old and suffers from anxiety, often triggered by being in a crowd or busy environment. In recent months she has started avoiding food. She skips breakfast and then does not eat lunch at school. She will, however, eat her tea at home. Eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Jauhari

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teenagers go through difficult phases of mental, emotional and physical growth. It is really good that as a parent you are paying full attention, now here are some suggestions. Do not be critical of your child's behavior. Gently try to introduce the idea that health and...  Read Full »

Why is a 2-year-old beating parents on waking up?

Query: Hello doctor,My 2 years old little girl is beating us the moment she wakes up. So whenever she sleeps after some time she starts waking up and starts beating and after some time she is fine but with no past memory. She also says something while she is asleep. She is doing this every day.  Read Full »

Dr. Shania Zafar

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As reported by you that your 2-year-old is hitting you, scratching her face and banging her head, it seems like your daughter is engaging in self-harm behaviors. It is the way of children to cope up with their negative emotions. I would like to know about the speech of ...  Read Full »

Child is showing tantrums and speaking bad words. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My child is 2.7 years old but is very aggressive and does what should not be done. Never listens, shows tantrums a lot but learns things very quickly and speaks bad words where people start to scold him and he does it repeatedly.  Read Full »

Dr. Jubin

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nothing to worry here. Have to be very careful during this phase. This happens with most children, mostly males during this age group. Few tips: Never scold him publicly, never reinforce any instructions repeatedly. If any unwanted action is being performed, like badwor...  Read Full »

Why is the child crying on seeing mother and step-dad together?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two children with a different father but my eldest seems to experience trauma or stress. I saw her crying at night whenever she saw her step-father lying beside me or beside her brother. Please help me. I want to know if it is a sign of depression. She feels happy when she gets...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurav Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a very beautiful and cheerful daughter. I just saw her picture and she looks great (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Depression is a very major disorder to tag her with, so definitely, she is not having depression. With the amount of data, you h...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.