Q. How to find that I am allergic to Hydroxychloroquine?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on May 26, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2020

I am allergic to Quinolones, Metronidazole, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, and Aspirin. Please tell me whether I am allergic to Hydroxychloroquine or not.

If yes, then please tell me ways to how to develop my immunity? Food that I should eat and should I drink hot or cold water? What all the special precautions that I have to take to fight Corona?

#

It is less likely you would be allergic to Hydroxychloroquine. However, allergy is not the only criteria. A detailed physical examination along with an ECG (electrocardiography) report will have to be done to check if your body can tolerate the medication or no. There is no specific food for immunity. Any home cooked food that is not processed will do. You can drink hot water that is bearable.

Important precautions for COVID 19 are:

1. Social distancing.

2. Use of mask whenever outside the house at all times.

3. As soon as you come from outside have a bath and keep clothes for washing without touching anything in the house.

4. Do not touch your face, eyes, ears, or nose when you are outside.

5. Hand hygiene is very very important. Keep your hands clean by rubbing with soap and water whenever you touch anything that is not yours. You can use a hand sanitizer when outside in this regard.

6. If you get any symptoms of fever (100 F or more in the thermometer) with cough or cold, please report to the nearest health facility.

|