Q. Are cysts in brain common and how does it feel like?

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

I have choroid plexus. Please help me.

#

I suggest you, please mention details about your query. The choroid plexus is a normal structure found in the ventricles of the brain. It will be better if you can mention full details about your query.

Please mention your query and its details properly.

Everything is normal on the report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). The only concerning part indicated in the report is this sentence. The left chloroid plexus extends anteriorly past Monro's foreman into the frontal horn of the left lateral ventricle. It is homogeneous in appearance with no obvious cyst or focal abnormality. However, as the differential diagnosis includes intraventricular hemorrhage, follow-up is required for further evaluation.

#

I would like to know some clinical details about your wife. What symptoms exactly is she having, and since when? For which symptoms CT (computed tomography) and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain was recommended and done?

The neuroimaging MRI findings of the left choroid plexus extend anteriorly past the foreman of Monro into the frontal horn of the left lateral ventricle. It is homogeneous in appearance with no obvious cyst or focal abnormality. However, as the differential diagnosis includes intraventricular hemorrhage, it possibly implies that the location of the choroid plexus (which is a normal structure in the ventricle of the brain) is slightly extending forward within the ventricle. Though it is showing its normal appearance in neuroimaging, Sometimes it is not very easily possible to say in MRI that it is normal choroid plexus only or has some bleeding associated because choroid plexus is full of blood vessels and sometimes are confused with blood in MRI. If there has been confusion between these two possibilities, a CT scan can be done as acute blood is better visualized in a CT scan. But as your wife is pregnant, it is not advisable to do a CT scan now (without any mandatory clinical indication) as a CT scan during pregnancy can give radiation exposure to the fetus.

|