Q. My second anomaly scan shows two markers for DS. Is there a need to worry?

Dr. Deepti Verma

I am a 31 year old female. My first trimester NT and double marker test showed a very low risk of 1:3690 for DS and 1:100000 for two other abnormalities. During the second-trimester anomaly scan, the doctor found two markers, CP cyst and mild RPD 4 mm and 4.5 mm. I have given blood for NIPT but did not get any results. I am at 23 weeks now and stressing out and getting really depressed. I have no family history of abnormalities. Is there a need to worry?

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.

• The risk in serum screening is low. Choroid plexus cyst usually resolves by 26 weeks, if present as a normal variant.
  • A renal pelvis more than 7 mm is abnormal, but more than 4 mm is doubtful.
  • Hence, There is no reason to panic as even after modifying the risk, the chances of chromosomal anomalies are very low.
  • NIPT (non-invasive prenatal testing) is most likely to be negative.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|