Q. Dad is in ICU with chronic liver disease. Is there a way to revive his liver?

Dr. Noushif M

Respected doctor,

My father is suffering from a chronic liver disease. I have attached his case summary with this query. He is in the ICU for the last four days. As per the doctor, my father may remain in this state for an indefinite period of time because his liver is not functioning. So, I want to get a second opinion and want to know, whether there is a way to revive his liver and make it function properly.

#

As per the records, he is suffering from stage-3 liver disease, that is an end-stage liver disease. His current problems need to be medically supported.

This will result in temporary improvement of his condition. However, issues like infection, blood loss, fluid accumulation in the body, etc., will be frequent from now.

The definite treatment ahead is liver transplantation. If you are ready to proceed with evaluation and transplant, then I would suggest considering treatment at a transplant center. Else, medical optimization, which is going on now will be alright.

Was an endoscopy done for him? Also blood, abdominal fluid, and urine culture tests? If yes, please send them across.

Hope your queries have been cleared. Do review if you have any further queries.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|