Chymotrypsin

Can Chymoral forte be taken during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it safe to take Chymoral Forte once daily for three days in pregnancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chymorol forte (Trypsin-Chymotrypsin) does not have very much research data in pregnancy but it should be avoided in pregnancy as it could be fibrinolytic. It is an anti-inflammatory used to treat pain and inflammation and to have a speedy recovery. It can give side ef...  Read Full »

I have a constant sore throat with lymph nodes enlargement. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, About two months ago, I developed a sore throat. It was mainly on the right side. I went to urgent care, and they did a quick strep test, which came back as positive. I also had a little bit of a stuffy nose, and mainly the right ear felt full or plugged. I went home with antibiotics, ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you suggest that you are suffering from a recurrent acute rhinopharyngitis. You may call it a recurrent acute upper respiratory tract infection. The initial infection has not healed completely, and it gets flared up frequently. Moreover, the ...  Read Full »

My right ear is slightly blocked. Please suggest a remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, Two days back, I had a severe pain in my right ear. One fine evening, the pain went severe starting from the head till the chin. I had visited an ENT doctor who removed a lot of earwax through EUM suction procedure. Since then, I got relief from the pain. But, I feel my right ear is s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been having an ear block even after the removal of earwax, then probably there is some eustachian tube catarrh. Such a catarrh is likely after an episode of cold. The tube connects the ear to the upper part of the throat. The tube drains whatever fluid is p...  Read Full »

I have a sore throat, post-nasal drip, and burning pain in my abdomen. Is it an allergy?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a sore throat on and off, for the past few weeks. It is not severe, but more of an annoyance with some referred ear pain. This week, I had a family member, who is a nurse, look at my throat to see if it was red or irritated. She noted I had quite a bit of post-nasal drip, but...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having some mild inflammation of the sinuses and nasal cavities. The same instead of causing headache or nose block is causing post-nasal drip which occasionally flares up as a sore throat. Let me suggest some medicines that I would do in my practice...  Read Full »

My wife has swelling and pain on her toe. Does she require surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has swelling and pain on her toe (pictures attached). Sometimes, blood and pus also secrete from it. Can you please suggest what we should do? Can this be healed through medicine? Please advise the medicine we should use. Does she require any surgery? Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Does she have any comorbidities like diabetes? Does she have a fever too? It looks like a condition called paronychia or periungual abscess, an infection of the nail fold and bed. It needs the f...  Read Full »

There is swelling even a week after a ligament tear. Should I go to the ER?

Query: Hello doctor, I tore my MCL last week and the ER doctor told me to stay off of it for at least three days. I did so, starting to use it three days later for about three hours. The swelling my foot has encountered since then has been extreme. If I elevate and do not use it for four to six hours, the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In general, an MCL (medial collateral ligament) tear, even it was small, requires at least one to two months of rest if you do not bear any weight on the injured leg. If the injury was small, it heals without any requirement for surgery. If the tear was large enough to...  Read Full »

I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had a penile injury that resulted in temporary erectile dysfunction. My penis seems to be working somewhat normally now, after about two weeks. It is still painful. There is a small indent on the underside of my penis that was not there before. I went to a doctor, and he said it was no...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the time of penile injury, was there any blood collection and swelling in that area? What kind of persistent pain you have? How is your erection now? From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like you have a normal erection, which is ...  Read Full »

The scar on my lip is spoiling my smile. Do I need any surgical treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been hit by a leather ball two months ago and because of that, a hard scar has been formed on my lip. It spoils my smile. Swelling is also there. I am currently on Hexilak Gel. How else can I be treated?  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Jain

Cosmetologist, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It takes about at least one year for the scar to mature. Until then, the scar will be hard and it undergoes various stages. The treatment is good. Kindly provide images for further care. For more information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://www.icl...  Read Full »

I am unable to swallow due to a painful lump under my tonsil. Please suggest a remedy.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a painful lump under my tonsil since a week. It hurts during swallowing. Otherwise, I have no other symptoms. I was not sick or traveled anywhere recently. My lymph nodes are also slightly swollen. I have attached a picture. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The growth is just an enlarged lymph node in the oral cavity. You also seem to have enlarged and infected tonsils. I suggest you take a course of antibiotics like Amoxyclav (Amoxycillin and Clavula...  Read Full »

My father is unable to speak clearly of late and his voice sounds different. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried about my father. He is not able to speak clearly of late. He feels that his tongue has swollen. I have consulted many doctors, but they were unable to diagnose his disease. All his test reports are alright. There was no problem detected. But one doctor tells us that the mu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you elaborate on the symptoms ? How old is he? Does he feel like there is something stuck in the throat? Is there any change in voice or a hoarseness? Is there any pain or difficulty in swallowing? Is there any weight loss or loss of appetite? Does he smoke? Does h...  Read Full »