Q. How to ignore the smoking habit of my husband?

Dr. Bharat Udey
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 31, 2020

My husband smokes a lot. I am quarreling with him often regarding this issue. I feel so sad and depressed when I see him smoking. My husband gives me assurance that he will quit. But, he is doing the same again. Please help me with this problem and save my family. Everybody says to ignore it, but I could not. Please tell me how to make up my mind to ignore his smoking.

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrics Psychiatry Sexology Sleep Medicine
#

• Ignoring smoking habit is not a solution and you are being subjected to passive smoking which will hamper your health as well.
  • You should encourage your husband to quit smoking as it possess harm to not only his health, but for others as well who stays along with him.
  • He can quit smoking easily with the help of medications; however one needs to keep his motivation high enough to quit smoking.
  • With the help of pharmacotherapy and MET (metabolic equivalent of task), your husband can quit smoking and can stay healthy ahead in his life.
  • If you want to consider for smoking cessation program, then feel free to consult.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|