Clotting Time

How to manage redness in the eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is a 50-year-old female who is 5.3 feet tall and weighs about 63 kg. She has been experiencing redness in her right eye for the last three months. She visited a doctor who said that the redness would go away in a couple of weeks on its own, but it gets a little better and then ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shraddha Sureka

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that your mother has bleeding in the right eye. It can happen repeatedly. Please note if your mother has a cough, straining while passing urine or stool. If needed, they need to be treated. We also need to check her blood pressure; if that increases, that co...  Read Full »

When does the blood start clotting after an injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I did see the facts I was looking for on your site. Maybe you can answer some questions the best you can. This is about a 16-year-old female. If the mesentery and/or pancreas has a tear in one or both and if that tear was big enough to bleed, where would the blood go? Would it go th...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pancreas is highly vascular and is surrounded by major vessels. Hence pancreatic trauma may be associated with life-threatening hemorrhage and shock. Pancreatic injury or pancreatic trauma can be as follows. Due to blunt trauma as well and car accidents when the i...  Read Full »

How to prevent clots and blockages after an ischemic stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, My 71 year old mother got a couple of ischemic strokes nearly two months ago. She was then given a strong blood thinning injection which led to a couple of blood vomits and a hemorrhage as well. During the hospitalization as well as afterward, she has been taking Pradaxa 110, etc. (pr...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The clots which are found at so many places in the body are basically originating from the heart and being thrown into the body as she is post-MVR (mitral valve regurgitation) for...  Read Full »

What precautions must I take for dental treatments if I have a bleeding disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I have von Willebrand disease. My current health concern is that I need to get a scaling of my teeth done. What precautions should I take while scaling to prevent the loss of blood?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The outcome depends on the type of von Willebrand disease as well. Before the dental procedure, a prophylactic Desmopressin can be prescribed. A local Tranexamic acid application would also be beneficial after completing one sitting of scaling or other procedures. I s...  Read Full »

Why am I continuously getting a blood clot in my left leg?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female, who is 5.9 feet tall and weighs 190 lbs. Several months ago, I was diagnosed with factor II clotting disorder after getting a superficial blood clot in my left leg while on NuvaRing. I stopped the NuvaRing immediately at my doctor's request due to the estrogen. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have recurrent leg vein thrombosis. The cause is genetic, that is, prothrombin gene mutation. So, the prothrombin thrombosis is the main problem. I suggest you try taking Rivaroxaban or other anticoagulant drugs as a prophylactic drug if recurrent thrombosis is th...  Read Full »

I have been bleeding under the skin. What could be causing it?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been bleeding under the skin in just my fingers and palm. I have attached the photo for reference. It is worse in one hand than the other, but sometimes the other hand will get worse. It has been present on and off for many years. Initially, the doctors thought that it was due to A...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you have developed ecchymosis (subcutaneous bleeding). Please check your bleeding time, clotting time and prothrombin time for any abnormalities. Get review w...  Read Full »