Cloudy Urine

Why am I having cloudy urine even after UTI treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a bad bout of UTI (Male 72) which started around last month, and I started antibiotics a week later (by that time there was very heavy blood in the urine and was getting severe chills). I took the antibiotics for 9 days. Everything cleared up, and then I traveled, and upon my ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your queries. You had recurrent documented UTI with history of hematuria. As you are 72 now, and you had hematuria, you must undergo clinical examination and few investigations. You should contact your local urologist. He will examine you clinica...  Read Full »

Is the presence of ketones in urine a sign of kidney damage?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 5 feet and 5 inches, 112 lbs and eat a normal diet. I recently had a urine test with trace ketones, although negative for glucose. My test showed cloudy clarity and presence of crystals. All the other values on the urine test were normal. I also had normal blood tests. My doctor is...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The body generally uses glucose as its source of energy. When it uses fat as a source of energy, ketones are formed. It is a common finding in diabetes, called as diabetic ketoacidosis. It can also occur during starvation when glucose is not available as an energy sou...  Read Full »

Why do I have brown discharge and fatigue after Ortho-Cyclen pills?

Query: Dear doctor, I am on Ortho-Cyclen pills for five months. I skipped my placebo pills and went on to the next pack. Now, I am having stomach cramps after eating, brown discharge, cloudy urine, and fatigue. Kindly advise me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sini P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Placebo pills are just vitamin tablets. So, skipping those pills will not cause any problem. Stomach cramps might be due to gastritis. For this, you can take some antacid. For "brownish discharge, cloudy urine and fatigue" please take urine pregnancy test. If it is ne...  Read Full »

I have painful urination and mild lower pelvic pain. Is it UTI?

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have a UTI. My symptoms include frequent urge to urinate, painful urination, cloudy urine, mild lower pelvic pain. I have had a few UTI's in the past and my current symptoms are the same as my previous symptoms. Previously, I have been treated with antibiotics and that was...  Read Full »

Dr. Ritesh Kumar Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the history given by you it does look like that you are suffering from UTI though you might need a urine examination to confirm it. However, based on the clinical suspicion take tablet Zenoflox (Cefixime, Ofloxacin) one tablet BD (twice daily) for seven days al...  Read Full »

I have cloudy urine and burning sensation while urinating. Is it UTI or STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I might have UTI, since I suffer from burning sensation while urinating, and then cloudy urine at the beginning. I did urine examination routine, in which leukocyte esterase was positive, nitrites negative, and high pus cells in urine 8 to 10. Also did urine culture after that...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know a few more details to answer your query better: Did you have any fever or lower abdomen pain? For how long do you have these symptoms? Do you have...  Read Full »

What could be causing this symptom of cloudy urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 32 year old female with no past urologic complaints. Starting three months ago, I had some episodes of cloudy urine and I got a urinalysis and had 1 plus leukocyte esterase and occasional WBC and RBC. Urine culture came back with 100,000 colonies of Proteus. I took five...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. The length of female urethra is only 4 cm. So naturally, females are more prone to urinary tract infections (UTI) than males. What are your symptoms at present? Do you have any urinary problems like a poor flow of urine, burning, etc.? UTI u...  Read Full »

My kid's urine is hazy and chocolaty in color. Is it because of what he ate?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 5 years old and his urine is hazy and chocolaty in color. It seems heavy as well. Does it have anything to do with his eating habits or what he ate in the morning? He ate eggless chocolate cake in the morning.  Read Full »

Dr. Samreen A Urooj

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not go by the color of the urine. Always focus on the symptoms. Is there any burning sensation while passing urine? Or, increase in the frequency of urine or any lumbar area pain? If yes, then you must go for urine culture. There might be a relationship of food...  Read Full »

Do I have urinary problems because I have just one kidney?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old guy, with one kidney. One year ago, I made a CT scan with contrast. A week after this event, I started to have white stuff in the urine. If I am sitting, there are white things floating on the surface. If I am up, it starts to foam a lot. So, I did a blood and urine ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First, let us discuss the prognosis of a single kidney. I have had many patients in the OPD (out patient department) with an incidentally detected single kidney in the age group of 60's. Also,...  Read Full »

I am suffering from cloudy urine. Is there any health issue?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last one month, I have been suffering from cloudy urine. It is intermittent and does not happen every day. But, when I am urinating I can visually see my urine changing color to milky white. It happens nearly always at the end of my urine stream. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Cloudy urine could be too many causes like phosphaturia (phosphorus in urine), pyuria (pus in urine), chyluria (chyle in urine), stone disease, etc.The exact content that is causing cloudiness should be identified and treatment given accordingly.Do urine routine, urine cult...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in the kidney region?

Query: Hi doctor, I wake up with pain in the kidney region every morning after approximately three to four hours of lying in the supine position or on my left side. The pain localizes beneath the left and right kidneys, more on the left and down toward the pelvis on the left side. It hurts the most when in...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no significant problem with your kidneys, ureters and urinary bladder. The cecum and colon are not showing any problems. The duodenum and right testicular vein are not having any ...  Read Full »