Q. I get acute pain on either side of forehead. Could this be a sign of brain cancer?

Dr. Nitin Dongre
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 10, 2020

I experience small pains that last for a second on both sides of my forehead. I have experienced it for many years since I was a child, but I did not think much about it since it did not interfere with my life, and I thought it is normal. I can carry out my normal activities as well. Sometimes biting and chewing and moving my head in general would trigger these pains. When I am exposed to cold air conditioning, I feel pressure in my head, and when I bend down, I feel a bit of pain on one side of my forehead, but it goes away instantly.

My best friend has been diagnosed with brain cancer, and I am anxious whether I have something similar. I usually worry about my health a lot. I visited a doctor a year ago, and she told me that I might not have enough sleep enough and probably I have phlegm/sinuses. The pains do not bother me significantly, but I wonder if something is wrong, whether it is normal or not. I am scared to go to the doctor because my family would think that I am lying and wasting their time. I have heard that an organ's proper functioning would sometimes trigger pain, which are normal, so I wonder if it is that is the case. Should I go to a doctor again for proper evaluation?

#

You are worried that you might be having brain cancer, but whatever you had explained in your history does not show any sign of brain cancer. If you want to rule it out, then only go for an MRI brain, but I know it will be normal. These symptoms are suggesting cluster headache at present. It is not so severe that you need any medicine. All you have to do is meditation for one hour every day and be positive towards your life. Nothing is going to happen wrong.

Migraine.

MRI brain.

Sinusitis.

Cluster headache.

Counseling.

After seven days.

| 

Why do I have a sharp pain on right side of the head?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I started having intense, sharp, constant pain behind my right eye, right temple area and backside of the right side of my head. It started before three months for once a week for the first three weeks. Then, I started having the sharp pain the every other day. An...  Read Full »

I have been doing stretching exercise for four years, but I am not flexible. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, How flexible should a normal person be? I have been stretching two times a week for four years and I have not improved at all. In fact, I have become worse. I do winter guard and we stretch for about 25 minutes before practice. Our show this year is called meditation and we all have ...  Read Full »

Can degenerative disc disease cause daily headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is a 38-year-old male who smokes and has degenerative disc disease from several car accidents. No real treatment has been given to him aside from chiropractic visits to reveal tension in his lower back. He does have many stresses with work and home life and is seeing a counsel...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a General Practitioner Now