Cluster Headache

Why do I have dizziness and left-sided headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a headache for one week, usually on my head's left side, but now I feel I have dizziness, and my head is massive. I am currently taking Etodolac 400 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from headaches for the last seven days. Your headache is unilateral (left-sided), and you are now feeling dizziness and heaviness in the head. Such type of clinica...  Read Full »

Should I consult a doctor for small pains on either side of my forehead?

Query: Hello doctor, I experience small pains that last for a second on both sides of my forehead. I have experienced it for many years since I was a child, but I did not think much about it since it did not interfere with my life, and I thought it is normal. I can carry out my normal activities as well....  Read Full »

Dr. Nitin Dongre

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are worried that you might be having brain cancer, but whatever you had explained in your history does not show any sign of brain cancer. If you want to rule it out, then only go for an MRI brain, but I know it will be normal. These symptoms are suggesting cluste...  Read Full »

What should I do for throbbing headache due to long working hours?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up with a throbbing headache. Previously I was alright before going to sleep which was around 2 AM. Lately, I have been sleeping very late due to working at home for long hours. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from throbbing headaches during waking up. Headache which is throbbing in nature may result from the dilation of blood vessels from increased blood flow. Headache is very common in ev...  Read Full »

Why do I have headaches even after having a normal vision and good sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from throbbing, dull pain in my left eye, which is shooting down to the left nostril. I feel pressure when I bend forward and also some discharge from the nose with a salty taste. I am getting the pain while watching television and when working in the computer. I am having ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details that you have posted. The differential diagnosis for your problem would be as follows. First is frontal sinusitis, as you have told there is pain when you press above left eye. Normally, frontal sinus drains into the nasal cavity in ...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for constant dizziness, vision blackout, ringing sound and headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. Almost every time I stand up or sit up I get extremely dizzy and lose all eyesight, and everything looks like a tv that lost signal. I also lose most of my hearing and there is also ringing noises in my ear. After a few minutes I can see again, but I get abo...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent chronic headaches are most commonly due to: 1. Migraine headache. 2. Chronic tension headache. Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, photophobia, and phonophobia. Chronic tension headaches usually present w...  Read Full »

What is the reason for sudden headache, dizziness and vision blackout?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. At about 1 am I suddenly experienced some symptoms at the same time. Extremely severe headache (worst headache I have ever had), blurred vision, my right eye crossed inwards, darkness in my vision, nausea, extreme dizziness, extremely dilated pupils with slightly di...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your detailed and insightful query, I am of the opinion that you had one episode of cluster headache. I like to inform you that cluster headache affects mostly middle-aged men. Its cause is unclear but may relate to a vascular headache disorder o...  Read Full »

Why do I have a sharp pain on right side of the head?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I started having intense, sharp, constant pain behind my right eye, right temple area and backside of the right side of my head. It started before three months for once a week for the first three weeks. Then, I started having the sharp pain the every other day. An...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms well. Actually, what you have is cluster headache only. Your symptom profile fits into the classic description of cluster headache. The relief with antibiotics was a mere coincidence. The pain of sinusitis has totally different pattern than ...  Read Full »

I have headaches, eye pain and vomiting. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I have a cluster head ache for the past five years. I feel severe pain behind my eye, which normally ends with vomiting. This happens for three to four days at a stretch. I do not want to undergo any surgery immediately. Hence, kindly advise me medications t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I want to inform you that a cluster headache is a type of a migraine and it needs to be managed like one. The guidelines suggest that if you have two or more days lost in a month due to a headache, the prop...  Read Full »

What causes cluster headache, eye pain & allergy to light?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having burning eye pain with a cluster headache which usually increases in the afternoon and keep increasing until bedtime. Tightly tying a cloth around my head and eyes covered gives relief. There is a severe allergy to light. Darkness is preferred during the attack. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are most likely suffering from a migraine headache. Eye pain is part of the migraine complex. If you have these episodes you are advised a detailed consultation online or offline with a neurologist. Some initial steps that may help are: Follow a strict schedu...  Read Full »

What causes a positive after-image?

Query: Hello doctor,I have health anxiety and migraines. I have started seeing after-images quite frequently, especially when inside and looking outside to a road or across the road. I am blinking and seeing a positive after-image for less than a second. This is extremely worrying for me as I am unsure why...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Your symptoms are most likely due to migraine which cause severe headache, mainly on one side that lasts for few hours (up to 72 hours) may be associated with other features like limb numbness, nausea, photophobia, and other different sym...  Read Full »