Coccydynia

I have sharp pain in my tailbone area when I am sitting or standing up. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a sharp pain in my tailbone area when I am sitting or standing up. This has been going on for several months and has not improved. I recently saw a doctor. He diagnosed it as a curve in my lumbar and suggested I see a chiropractor here. Is there anything else I could do to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is worth having a second opinion and clearing your doubts. But I think your doctor is absolutely right about the cause of pain. This is due to a slightly curved spine in the lower back causing the tailbone pain. Chiropractic adjustments and physiotherapy should ...  Read Full »

I feel some painful growth underneath my butt skin. Is it something worse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in excruciating pain and can hardly sit down, walk, stand, or lay without being in severe pain. The pain is coming from my left butt cheek, inwards, and more on top than where the hole is. However, I do not see anything on the skin. I do feel like something is growing underneath the...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. It seems you are having pain in the coccyx region. The coccyx is a small bone present between the anus and lower end of the spine(sacrum). There are many causes of pain in this region like a pilonid...  Read Full »

kindly tell the low back pain management.

Query: Hello doctor, There is pain near the lower back portion above the tailbone in the right side, little swelling too. There is no problem in walking but sometimes it pains too much on some jerk or stretch.  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj

Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems like coccydynia, pain of coccyx bone or near to it. Did you have a fall on your tailbone a week back? Also, if you had lifted something heavy, this kind of pain may come to lower back and may get radiated to buttocks or lower. Do hot pack for 3 to 4 minutes a...  Read Full »

Are PRP injections useful in chronic coccydynia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 30 years old male suffering from coccydynia for many years due to injury. I fell back on cement at that time. X-ray showed a hairline fracture. The doctor said it will heal. Use donut cushion but the pain did not relieve. My pain symptoms are localized pain only at coccyx area. I c...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your condition is called coccydynia and usually, most of the patients improve with conservative treatment. You have also taken steroid injections which might have had given you relief for a few days. (Not mentioned in history but I am assuming). Surgery for the same is ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in coccyx area after cycling?

Query: Hello doctor, I have taken up cycling as a form of exercise but now find that I have bad pain in my coccyx area when trying to stand after sitting. As I work in an office and sit for long periods, this is causing me severe discomfort. This has now been going on for three weeks. Week one of cycling,...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coccydynia is what you seem to be getting and not uncommon if the bicycle seats are not comfortable. Try adding a gel cover over the top of the seat. You may try sitz bath and a cutout seat for your office chair. Take Co-codamol for pain. For more information consul...  Read Full »

I feel a throbbing pain in the anus. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male unmarried. For more than one year, I feel pain in the anus like throbbing (pain like beating in the anus) and feeling huge pain four hours after masturbation. The pain continues for five minutes or 10 minutes and gradually reduce and stops. Pain rarely comes. S...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to a local infection or coccydynia. Coming to this point, I would recommend consulting with a surgeon for a physical exam and an ultrasound of the soft tissues in this region. A dynamic radiography is necessary to investigate for coc...  Read Full »

I get a sharp pain in my tailbone if I sit even for 30 minutes. What is the reason?

Query: Hello¬†doctor,I am a 25 year old female, and I weigh 175 lbs and 5.7 feet tall. I have noticed for the past few months, that sitting is becoming increasingly uncomfortable. I get a sharp pain in my tailbone if I sit for even 30 minutes to an hour. The pain when I straighten up again can cause me to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You describe a condition called coccydynia. I suggest you try doing the following. Avoid soft cushiony seats where one would sink into. Sitting on firm seats is more comfortable than soft ones. Sit forwards rather than back, and by this I mean that avoid slouching into...  Read Full »

After a fall, I have pain in my right lower back. What shall I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I fell on a wooden set of stairs last night and landed mostly on my right lower back. From the morning, I feel like someone is squeezing my kidney every time I move. The pain is even more severe when I move my right leg. I do not see any blood in my urine and I do not want to go all the w...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry to hear this. As you are telling the pain only when you are moving, it is most likely to be due to some local injury and muscle spasm. If you are getting pain while walking or while sitting on the floor or hard surface then there is a chance of bone injury ei...  Read Full »