Q. After a fall, I have pain in my right lower back. What shall I do?

Dr. Nageswara Rao
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 27, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 27, 2019

I fell on a wooden set of stairs last night and landed mostly on my right lower back. From the morning, I feel like someone is squeezing my kidney every time I move. The pain is even more severe when I move my right leg. I do not see any blood in my urine and I do not want to go all the way to the ER for them to tell me nothing is wrong. What shall I do? My leg does not hurt, but I can still feel the pain when I am not moving my leg. But, it increases dramatically when I do. My pain is only on my lower right back. Please help.

#

I feel sorry to hear this.

• As you are telling the pain only when you are moving, it is most likely to be due to some local injury and muscle spasm.
  • If you are getting pain while walking or while sitting on the floor or hard surface then there is a chance of bone injury either ileal tuberosity or coccyx injury.
  • Take rest and have painkillers for two to three days.
  • If pain worsens then go to your nearby clinic for clinical evaluation and x-ray.

1. Muscle injury.
2. Bone injury - ileal tuberosity or coccyx injury.

X-ray pelvis anteroposterior view.

Take painkillers and muscle relaxants like a combination of Diclofenac, Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone along with Pantoprazole. Do not take these medications if you are in early pregnancy. Consult your doctor, discuss with him/her and take the medicine with consent.

Revert back after three days to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|