Q. Will taking 6 to 8 cups of coffee a day create any heart disease?

Dr. Salam Salloum
Published on Dec 30, 2018

I take coffee and tea during the day 6 to 8 cups. Is coffee good for health? What are the cons of coffee over cardiac patient or heart? Does it create heart disease? Currently, I am taking Ascard 75 mg.

Dr. Salam Salloum

Cardiology
#

Coffee in mild consumption is good for health in general. Excess consumption of caffeine increases BP and HR. I do not have any information on your BP. However, the echo shows some changes could be secondary to mild to moderate degree of uncontrolled high blood pressure, the left ventricle wall thickness is 11 mm which is slightly increased. The rest of the echo as reported is good (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

| 

Do my echo and stress echo show any heart problem?

Query: Hi doctor,I had chest pain, dizziness, palpitations and shortness of breath. I got an echo and a stress echo. I am worried about the results. I have attached the results here. I played soccer almost every day for about a year until three months back where I started getting palpitations. I have done ...  Read Full »

Coronary Artery Disease - a Common Fatal Heart Problem

Article Overview: Coronary artery disease is a common fatal condition. This article includes the symptoms, tests and treatment of coronary artery disease. Read Article

Coronary artery disease is characterized by blockages in the arteries, which supply blood to the heart. This, in turn, will cause nutrition and oxygen deprivement of the heart, which leads to pain and damage to the heart muscle. Heart dysfunction leads to symptoms or heart attack. When to Suspect C...  Read Article

Common Doubts For Any Ulcer Patients

Article Overview: Doctor?! can i take one cup of coffee? Will pepsi/coke increase acidity? Will one day party food derail my stomach? all these and more are some of the questions, that are often put across the table to any gastro specialist.. I have tried to add so Read Article

Dr. Prabudoss G S

Doctor? Can i take one cup of coffee? Will pepsi/coke increase acidity? Will one day party food derail my stomach? all these and more are some of the questions, that are often put across the table to any gastro specialist.. I have tried to add so Let  me first explain what happens to food that...  Read Article