Q. Will taking 6 to 8 cups of coffee a day create any heart disease?

Dr. Salam Salloum

I take coffee and tea during the day 6 to 8 cups. Is coffee good for health? What are the cons of coffee over cardiac patient or heart? Does it create heart disease? Currently, I am taking Ascard 75 mg.

Dr. Salam Salloum

Cardiology
#

Coffee in mild consumption is good for health in general. Excess consumption of caffeine increases BP and HR. I do not have any information on your BP. However, the echo shows some changes could be secondary to mild to moderate degree of uncontrolled high blood pressure, the left ventricle wall thickness is 11 mm which is slightly increased. The rest of the echo as reported is good (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

|