Q. Is my dizziness related to any heart problem?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I feel dizzy the whole day. In the last 10 days, I have consulted three doctors, physician, ENT doctor and also checked audio test of the ear. The ENT doctor said that there is no problem in ears, but my dizziness is continuing. It feels like there is no balance in my body. I cannot sleep or walk, etc. I do not have vomiting. I get relief by eating tablet Stemetil 5 mg. It was given by a physician, but once the effect goes off, the dizziness starts again. Is it related to heart problem?

#

Considering your symptoms and the fact that your symptoms are relieved by Stemetil (Prochlorperazine maleate) 5 mg, I would conclude that your situation is related to an inner ear disorder. Although the doctor has excluded an inner ear disorder, a viral infection affecting the vestibular nerve (balance nerve - vestibular neuronitis) cannot be excluded.

You should be patient because it may take one month to recover from this situation. Meanwhile, I would recommend continuing taking Stemetil 5 mg and having some rest. A brain MRI study is necessary to exclude other possible causes.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|