Q. Do my echo and stress echo show any heart problem?

I had chest pain, dizziness, palpitations and shortness of breath. I got an echo and a stress echo. I am worried about the results. I have attached the results here. I played soccer almost every day for about a year until three months back where I started getting palpitations. I have done vigorous sports since I was 14. My previous health history includes asthma, anxiety, panic attacks, palpitations and chest pain. I barely use the inhaler for asthma.

Do you have a question on Echocardiogram or Anxiety?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MD, GENERAL MEDICINE ., DM, CARDIOLOGY(SENIOR RESIDENT
Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine

Your cardiac workup is normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it does not look like a cardiac problem.

• What is your age? Does chest pain occur at exertion or rest? Does it increase on deep breathing at any particular site on the chest or on giving pressure on the chest?
  • Do you get nausea, vomiting, bloating or burping associated? Does it increase after meals or with any factors? Do you feel any relief of shortness of breath or wheezing on using the inhaler?

So, currently, the various possibilities are gastritis, reflux disease, anxiety and asthma.

In management part, you avoid spicy and fatty foods, smoking and alcohol if any. Also, maintain regular sleep habits and do regular exercises. Have some walk after meals instead of taking rest immediately.

I suggest you acid suppressant like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast once a day for two weeks. Do some relaxation techniques like yoga and deep breathing.

I guess your hemoglobin was normal. Try using the inhaler if it gives relief and then it points towards asthma. Have you undergone pulmonary function test recently? Get one pulmonary function test done and get back with some more details. At this point, it does not look like a matter of worry.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Did you see the echocardiogram results and the wall thickness? I have attached them in two different pictures. I do not feel nausea. I am just 23 years old. Do the echocardiogram results look normal? Is there any enlargement or cardiomyopathy? I am going to attach the results again so that you can review them. Thank you doctor.

• Everything is fine for you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You mentioned that you do vigorous sports, so that is the physiological hypertrophy.
  • To be considered pathological, it should be more than 1.5 cm and the pattern of hypertrophy is also different. So, it will be quickly picked on echo.
  • I think that from the cardiac point of view, you are clear and no cardiomyopathy at this point of time. I believe it is not a matter of worry.

For further doubts consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Can antral gastritis cause hunger?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis,¬†lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For antral gastritis take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for a month. It will control acidity and reflux. Excessive hunger is good for you as your weight is normal and it is also good for stomach. Just rule out diabetes by doing fasting blo...  Read Full »

Can anxiety and stress cause frequent urination?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to state that the stress and anxiety can affect almost every organ of the body and polyuria is not an exception. In other words, yes the stress can cause almost all the symptoms narrated in your qu...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now