Cold Temperature

How to avoid cold and flu after winter workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I like to go running. I was a very successful marathon runner when younger. Now I still workout, but my goal, apart from general health is mostly emotional fitness for the job. I work on the phone with customers and I have to be in a strong positive mood to be successful. I am currentl...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is easy to catch cold, particularly if you are in a cold, wet and windy weather. Also, exposure to extremely cold temperature affects you in many ways and can cause frost nip (first stage of frostbite), trench foot (prolonged exposure of feet to cold) and fro...  Read Full »

Fingers turn Blue

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27 year old woman. Two years ago, it happened for the first time that one of my fingers turned blue. A few seconds after that, it lost its color like it did not have oxygen and started to hurt. It comes in the winter, but nowadays, I have it on the other fingers on my hand and le...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is because of exposure to extremely low temperatures. Keep warm. Keep your hands covered when you are out at that temperature. Consume a warm diet. Rule out frostbite or chilblains. If you have any pain or discomfort or difficulty in movemen...  Read Full »

Does my low temperature indicate something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female, approximately 5 feet, and weigh 115 pounds. I have not been feeling myself the past few days. So, this morning I checked my temperature and it was 97.5, and now it is 96.1. This worries me as my temperature normally stays around 98.9. I am feeling worse toda...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the core body temperature drops below 95 degrees Fahrenheit it is a potentially serious condition and immediate treatment must be sought. If you already feel unwell it would be a good idea to go to the ER now given the temperature is 96 or dropping. Also, keep you...  Read Full »

Please give me medicine suggestion for chilblains.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I get chilblains when I come in contact with cold places, just as an example in AC, cold weather. Please give me medicine suggestion.  Read Full »

Dr. Idowu Olalekan

Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following can help alleviate and prevent chilblains: Tablets Vitamin B complex two tablets twice daily. Keep affected skin areas warm and avoid extremes of temperatures. You may use some creams that help reduce itching if your skin is itchy. For more info...  Read Full »

Nose block increases suddenly with chilled food and cold wind. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have nose block, sneezing, itching in the eye, swollen lightly below eyes, and I am unable to sleep at night. Cold items are fatal as problem increases suddenly by these, even curd, fruits are deadly.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from allergic rhinitis, which is a chronic condition and is aggravated by cold and foods to which the patient is allergic. There are two options: Antiallergic meds, preferably a combination of Levocetirizine and Monteleukast at bedtime along with F...  Read Full »

I have repeated episodes of sore throat. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I have been suffering from repeated episodes of a sore throat that includes nasal obstruction and pain in the throat. I was diagnosed by the treating doctor to have a DNS for left (on the basis of a CT scan) and now granular pharyngitis has been added. The f...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please share your CT scan reports here? If you have sinusitis, you will have a recurrent throat infection. Do you have symptoms of allergy like excessive sneezing, watering of eyes or itching of the throat? Do you have excessive acidity or do you smoke ...  Read Full »

I have sudden deafness, ringing, and loss of balance. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 73 year old male. I have recently become progressively deaf in one ear. It took about six weeks during which it progressed through various stages of tinnitus, a hissing sound, heavily pulsed, becoming almost constant and some degree of loss of balance. The present situation is th...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepthi Maringanti

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A unilateral sudden-onset hearing loss will be the result of exposure to cold weather, viral infection, allergy or autoimmune causes. You mentioned that an audiology test is done. Can I see the report? Your symptoms were progressive deafness with various types of tinn...  Read Full »

Please recommend a cure for the cough that I get only in cold season.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having cough only when the weather is cold. I had visited a hospital in my native. They did few tests, but nothing abnormal was found. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coughing when inhaling cold air is a normal phenomenon. If it is more than normal, this might be allergic. That is why all the tests that you have undergone are normal. If possible please send me your reports, get IgE levels done if not yet done. I would advise you to tak...  Read Full »