Q. Why is my sore throat not going even after using nasal sprays?

Dr. C. Elanchezhian

I cannot concentrate on my work due to a cold and cough. I thought it would get better within a few days, but I could not cope with it as it had been two whole days already. I have been using nasal spray (Nasoline) and vaporizer (Oxomax) to help my cold and sore throat. But I do not find any improvements in health. I do not have a temperature rise.

#

Do not worry I would suggest you take the following medicines for three days:

1. Tablet Montelukast LC, one tablet at night.
  2. Tablet Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day.
  3. Tablet Dolo (Paracetamol) 650 mg twice a day.
  4. Tablet Pulmoclear (Acebrophylline 100 mg and Acetylcysteine 600 mg) thrice a day.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take the medicines with their consent.

Also, do saltwater gargle twice a day.

|