Q. Kindly check my colonoscopy and USG abdomen report and tell if I need piles operation.

Dr. Jagdish Singh

I am sending a colonoscopy and USG abdomen report. After studying, kindly give your opinion whether piles operation is required, give the interpretation of findings of colonoscopy and USG report in simple language which disease I am suffering from the report.

Do you have a question on Colonoscopy or Ultrasound Abdomen?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Jagdish Singh

DNB (GASTRO
Medical Gastroenterology

No piles operation is required. USG abdomen shows nothing serious (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is mild fat in the liver, mild increase in the size of prostate and spleen. Small gallbladder polyp that needs follow up USG for an increase in size.

Colonoscopy is suggestive of some infection. Tuberculosis but biopsy does not suggest about it. Further plan CECT abdomen to make the diagnosis.

What is a CECT abdomen? Which doctor or specialist does this? Pathologist or radiologist? No advise on medicine. Is it okay or some review on medicines, what is the meaning and interpretation in biopsy report suggesting repeat biopsy for definite evaluation? Will biopsy have to be repeated?

Dr. Jagdish Singh

DNB (GASTRO
Medical Gastroenterology

First, we should do a CECT abdomen at any imaging center to find reasons or diagnosis. After diagnosis, we will start treatment.

I have attached the file. As advised by you, I have done CT scan abdomen and pelvis after studying it kindly advise how much time it will take for reduction of inflammation in the ileum of the small intestine. At present, I am taking Pentaga sachet 1 gm, Sucragel, Budez CR 3 mg. Also, there is a kidney stone of size 3 mm by 4 mm. Also, suggest medicine for same since I have taken advice from you previously and you are having reports already uploaded due to Crohn's disease the blood is still coming. Also, advise the change in medicine required or not. I request you to reply to my queries specifically the HbA1c is 4.5%.

Dr. Jagdish Singh

DNB (GASTRO
Medical Gastroenterology

I read all reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Tiny renal stone does not require any treatment. It will pass out with more water intake. HbA1c 4.5 % is normal if your random blood sugar levels are normal.

For Crohn's disease treatment, it needs some changes if bleeding is still persisted. Pentasa sachets 1 gm three times daily. Capsule Budez CR 3 mg three capsules once daily. Tablet Folvite 5 mg once daily. Tablet Esomac 40 mg once daily before breakfast. Tablet Shalcal once daily.

It will take about one month to settle down inflammation and definitely you have t take medicine for a long time, maybe life long. Because some patients may get spontaneous remission but it is less than 10 %.

Also Read Answers From: Colonoscopy Ultrasound Abdomen

Should my hemophiliac son receive coagulant for colonoscopy?
Query: Hi doctor, My son was exposed to warfare chemical in the navy. During his tonsil surgery, he was found to have bleeding disorder. He is suffering from hemophilia and is undergoing a colonoscopy tomorrow. Should he receive coagulant for this procedure?  Read Full >>
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: During any procedure bleeding time and clotting time that is prothrombin (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (APPT) are always evaluated and then only the procedure is done. If he has no clotting issues at present ...  Read Full

Should I reschedule colonoscopy after taking Ayurvedic medicines?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Ashwagandha, Turmeric, Amal powder and Brahma supplements. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy in three days. It is a preventive screen. I last took them a few days back. Should I reschedule my colonoscopy?  Read Full >>
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. You can go for your colonoscopy because these are all herbal supplements and as you have stopped all these, they will be flushed out of the body in a week. After colonoscopy, if you are re-scheduled for other investigations, then do not start ...  Read Full

I have frequent urination and severe pain in abdomen. Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I had fever two days ago. Then one day ago started frequent urination and I could not hold it every time it happened. And there was pain during urination. Then started pain in the stomach. Today the urination is not that much but I have severe pain in both sides of my abdomen. I am no...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have kidney or bladder infection or it can be acute urinary tract infection. You get the following tests done: CBC (complete blood count). USG (ultrasound) abdomen and pelvis. Urine routine microscopic examination. As per these reports, the further ma...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now