Q. There are red patches on the tongue. Why?

Dr. Amit Modi

I have my niece with red islands or patches on the tongue surface. Her age is 23 months. This is there for the past one year.

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

These patches are related to vitamin B deficiency and gastric discomfort. Sometimes, they also have superadded infection of bacterial or fungal origin. I would advise you to start a Multivitamin syrup, deworm the child and apply Candid mouth paint for 4 to 5 days.

Syrup A to Z 5 ml once daily for 30 days, syrup Zentel 10 ml single Stat dose, Enterogermina suspension 5 ml twice daily for three days. Candid mouth paint local application for 4 to 5 days.

| 

Any prevention for dishes and sweets or what has to be done?

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Avoid spicy food, cold drinks and ice cream, chocolates for some days.

| 

Can vitamin B12 deficiency result in unbalancing while walking?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years back, I had the problem of unbalancing while walking. I never felt any dizziness or spinning of head. I just had a feeling that I will fall down. I consulted a doctor and he told me that it was due to vitamin B12 deficiency and also prescribed me few shots of Vitcofol. Initial...  Read Full »

What are the black dots on the tongue of a 6 year old kid?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. About 10 to 11 months back we saw a very very small dark black colored dot on her side of the tongue. But now there are 4 to 5 similar sized dot around her tongue on both sides. The size has not grown. But it is just that new location has emerged. Lately she ...  Read Full »

Why do I have black spots on my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having black spots on the tongue. What might be the cause for it?  Read Full »

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now