Q. Is it fine to take Ovares Plus to conceive?

Published on Dec 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am trying to conceive for the last four months. I have consulted my gynecologist and she found that I am having PCOS. She suggested me to take Ovares plus. Is it fine to take?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Ovares tablet is a multivitamin with few antioxidants. This is usually prescribed as an added adjuvant tablet along with other medication.

Most of the infertility specialists will prescribe some or the other antioxidant and multivitamin tablets.

• These antioxidants have shown to remove the oxidative free radicals (toxic substances) which are produced in the body. So, you can continue the same safely and try for natural conception.
  • If you are eager to conceive then you can be offered an ovulation induction and timed intercourse protocol for three cycles.
  • A case of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) should be evaluated for insulin resistance as well and Myo-inositol with Metformin should also be started if the lady is obese as it helps in ovulation.

Please share your hormonal profile reports for detailed consultation.

Revert back with the hormone reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I got period in mid follicle stimulation cycle. Is it fine?

Query: Hi doctor, I was going through follicle stimulation. My doctor started with Siphene 100 mg for five days, moved to FSH injections 75 for five days and when there was not enough growth in follicles she asked me to inject Humog 75 for two days. However, I got my periods the day I took the first Humog...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Getting periods in between only means that the follicles were not healthy enough. This is usually triggered by poor ovulation induction. Endometrial growth depends on the estradiol release from the follicles. So if follicles are not good, estrogen levels are not correct...  Read Full

How to improve the chance of pregnancy in case of a semen infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old male, and my wife is 26 years. We have been trying to have a baby for the past seven years. I had a sperm analysis in 2011. My count was 68 m, all the parameters were good¬†except the presence of Proteus spp. bacteria. The doctor injected me with gentamycin once, and...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me start on a positive note by saying that she stands a very good chance of pregnancy, but there are some small issues in your infertility treatment which I will try to cl...  Read Full

Can ovarian stimulation for IVF be started on the fifth day of menstruation?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know if the ovarian stimulation for IVF can be started on the fifth day of the menstruation or is it too late? My doctor said I should start the medication for ovarian stimulation on the fifth day of the menstruation because of her schedule but normally I used to start...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely start the ovulation induction within the first five days of periods. The principle behind this is that the FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) starts to rise from the second day of the period and by the fifth day, the follicles to be recruited th...  Read Full