Q. How to get rid of the acne in my chest and back at home?

Dr. B T Priya

I have had acne on my chest and back for several months. It does not become worse, and also it does not improve either. How do I get rid of it at home?

Thanks.

#

Welcome to ilciniq.com.

I went through your pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

People in your age group are prone to getting acne as your oil glands, and sebaceous glands are active under hormonal influence. More than acne, I could see stretch marks or striae. Few acne lesions are going for keloidal scarring. That is the main problem and reason why your acne is not healing.

I suggest you apply Clindamycin gel over the lesion and kindly consult a dermatologist in person.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

Are my chest acne comedonal acne? And can I get rid of it? What is the treatment option other than lasers?

Thanks.

#

Yes, your chest acne are first stage comedonal acne. They will start scarring later. The treatment options other than lasers are tablets, chemical peeling, and topical cream. Kindly apply a combination of Benzoyl peroxide and Clindamycin cream.

Thanks.

|