Q. Why are there white spots on cheeks of a 10-year-old?

Dr. Dilip Meena
Published on Apr 04, 2019

My 10-year-old son has white spots on his cheeks. They have been around for the last couple of years. Some appear to look like blackheads. I do not know how to treat them. Or if this is milia or keratosis. They are only on his cheeks and some tiny spots under his eye. But chin and forehead and nose are totally free of them.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

The white colored papules are indeed milia. The others are comedones. Comedones are part of acne vulgaris.

Comedian acne with milia.

Milia, comedonal acne.

1. Adapalene gel 0.1 percent for local application once at night on comedones.
2. For milia, they require needle extirpation for removal. Sometimes they subside on their own in a few months.

| 

How can these boils on my face be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female. For the past one month, I have got these boils on my face. Ten years ago, I had the same issue and got treated. It is a kind of acne that is what the doctor had diagnosed at that time. At present, I do not take any medications for the same.These are the sam...  Read Full »

Acne vulgaris, a Social Problem.

Article Overview: This article discusses the social problems encountered by teens as well as adults due to acne. Read Article

Dr. Kakkar

Acne is the most common skin problem encountered in the teenagers and also in adults. Acne is not a disease by itself, but being chronic in nature, it can have a significant impact in shaping the overall personality of a person. People with acne are often found to have low self-esteem which restrict...  Read Article

What can be done to treat white bumps on the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white bumps on the face. Please advise the treatment.  Read Full »