Q. Could you please explain the result of my comprehensive stool analysis?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2021

Could you have a look at my results of comprehensive stool analysis and parasitology. Please let me know if you think there are any issues. Thank you.

#

We are here to help you. I have studied your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• In our intestines, we have two types of bacterias. One is the normal inhabitants of our intestines, good bacterias and others are due to infection. Your report shows that you have normal inhabitants as well as infection bacteria.
  • Along with that, you have yeast growth in your stool sample. Yeast is a fungus and is not a normal inhabitant of your intestine.
  • So, this is the broad interpretation of your report. I would be in a better status to help you if you could describe me your symptoms for which these tests were performed.

Revert with details to a medical gastroenterologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Thank you for the reply. My symptoms that led me to have the test are loose stools, diarrhea, sometimes urgency and feeling like I always need to go to the toilet, gurgling, bubbling stomach, extremely windy at night, passing mucus and a constant feeling that I have not emptied my bowels.

#

We are here to help you.

• You seem to be suffering from intestinal bacteria overgrowth superadded by the yeast infection.
  • I suggest you treatment with antibiotics like Norfloxacin and Tinidazole along with antifungals like Fluconazole for a long time.
  • Make sure you take probiotics along so that good bacterias that are killed by antibiotics are replenished by probiotics. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|