Complete Stool Examination

What causes stomachache and diarrhea in a 9-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 9 year old. Four days before he had stomach pain and loose motion. He passed loose motion for about 2-3 times a day. We gave him Anafortan syrup for stomach pain. Next day he felt better. Today again he has light stomach pain and went potty but not too loose. I again I have gi...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to cliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. There are a lot of reasons for the pain in abdomen. I feel sad to hear about your son. Reasons may be any of the following: Indigestion - Gastroenteritis due to...  Read Full »

Can cocaine cause blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, My step daughter who is eight years old had belly pain, blood in anus and urine. Her organic father is a drug addict; we think he gave her Cocaine to eat. Would there be symptoms of having Cocaine? Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Single dose of Cocaine cannot cause the side effects of blood in urine and stool. If taken for large period then it can lead to above symptoms. It can be stomach infection or blood abnormality as blood is present in both urine and stool....  Read Full »

Why do I vomit if I drink too much liquid on an empty stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, Nearly two years ago, I got a bad cold and vomited badly. It continued for days leading me unable to hold down any foods or liquids until I checked into the hospital and given IVs, which made me better. However, since then, I am more prone to getting close to vomiting if I drink too much...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The infection you are suffering from is called gastroenteritis or stomach flu. In gastroenteritis, the mucosa of the intestine is severely inflamed causing symptoms like loose stools, indigestion, and vomiting. The tests suggested are as follows: Ultrasound abdomen to ...  Read Full »

Can I give two doses of Albendazole to my 1.5-month-old baby in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give him Albid (Albendazole) 10 ml at night before sleep. But, I suggest you to give syrup Bandy Plus (combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin) 10 ml at night before sleep. Because, Albid contains only Albendazole while Bandy Plus contains Albendaz...  Read Full »

What causes mucus and blood in stools?

Query: Hi doctor, When I am using the restroom, I saw bloody mucus in my stool. What does it mean? Recently, I suffered with diarrhea and black stools. I had treatment for diarrhea and having bloody mucus in stools. Currently, I am taking gastric tablets and medicines to control diarrhea.  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern and worry about the severity of the situation. Loose stool along with increased frequency of stool (6 to7 times per day), mucus and occasional episodes of bleeding suggest inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn's dise...  Read Full »

What causes low blood pressure and diarrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. I feel nauseated while eating. My BP is on the lower side, 95/60 mmHg. I did not take any medicine, just having salt water with lemon.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is obvious that you have a condition called gastroenteritis. It is usually caused by viral infections, but even bacterial ones and alimentary intoxications can cause it. You have low blood pressure due to liquid loss through diarrhea and vomiting. You can rehydrate you...  Read Full »

What is the reason for stomach pain and blood in stools?

Query: Hi doctor, For several years my father is suffering from stomach pain. His problem includes blood in stool and pain in left side abdomen area. He has taken ayurveda, homeopathy as well as allopathy medicines, but nothing has benefitted. We did test like endoscopy, but some doctors said it is due to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your symptoms, there is a possibility of: Colitis, which may be due to inflammatory (inflammatory bowel disease) or infections. Diverticulitis. Malignancy has to be ruled out. Piles (hemorrhoids) may be there. Stool examination for microscopy and ...  Read Full »

Is my lymph node enlarged due to cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have left supraclavicular lymph node enlargement of around 1 cm in size over four months. I have body pain and occasional low back pain. I have pain in areas such as shoulder, right groin, hand under the elbow and sometimes feel difficulties in chest. Only one lymph node got enlarged. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your queries, my opinion is as follows: Lymph nodes in supraclavicular areas are usually due to infection from surrounding areas. Possibility for cancer is if it is enlarging or very hard or if there are other cancer in the body. Usually increasing size in ...  Read Full »

Today I noticed that my toilet bowl was red. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a bad experience today. My bowl was entirely reddish. I do not know what it could be. Currently, I am taking Envas 2.5 mg.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have blood in the stools. If you have blood in the stools again, then you have to investigate with a stool routine examination. It can be an infection of the colon, and an antibiotic course can be taken. If the bleeding is painless and fresh red, then you can try to...  Read Full »

I have Hard stools and Dark Stools. Do you suspect stomach ulcer?

Query: Hi doctor, Five days before, I had stomach upset. The doctor prescribed me Pantoprazole, Metronidazole and Albendazole (once) for three days. My acidity, gas and constipation got relieved. But, I still observe a little hard and dark stool. Also, there is a mild pain without blood while passing st...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dark and hard stool is because of constipation and not ulcer. Gastric ulcer will initially produce burning pain in the middle part of the upper abdomen and in very rare case bleeding occur from ulcer and then only stool become brown colored. Pain around the anus is ...  Read Full »