Q. My wife had a mammogram without knowing that she is pregnant. What to do?

Dr. Shravana Kumar Chinnikatti
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2021

My wife had a mammography test last month. It was around 26 days after LMP. She did not get her periods then. Now, after a month of mammography, her doctor has confirmed that she is pregnant. Please suggest.

#

• Mammogram delivers less dose and fetus will be far away from the radiation field.
  • However, a close follow-up with ultrasound of the fetus and obstetrician is necessary.

For further information consult a radiation oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiation-oncologist

|