Q. My mammogram result shows dense breast tissue. Please suggest your opinion about my mammogram results?

Dr. Vivek Chail

My first mammogram result shows that I have dense breast tissue, and that was all. My doctor, who referred me for two small lumps in my breast, does not even look at the images. I have sent you the report that the radiologist sent me. Can you please take a second look and suggest your opinion about the results?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

Based on the mammogram report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have heterogeneously dense breasts (Category C). There is no visualization of obvious breast lesions. However, I would surely suggest you do an ultrasound of the breasts for interpreting the mammogram findings. As you have not mentioned the side, I find markers in some images over the left breast, and I guess that there are lumps in the left breast. Please correct me if I am wrong. You have small axillary lymph nodes on both sides (more on left than right) and though they are small and not significant, getting it reviewed on an ultrasound scan is suggested.

| 

What are the small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.  Read Full »

I had a gynecomastia surgery last week. Why is fluid getting accumulated in my right breast?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a gynecomastia surgery last week, and a week later my right breast was swollen. So, I went to see my doctor, and he said I have fluid accumulated in my chest. He opened my stitches and placed a scissor inside, and took out the fluid and blood, and closed the incision. It was very pa...  Read Full »

Breast Cancer Screening: How and When to Begin

Article Overview: Breast cancer is a leading cause of morbidity among females. An early diagnosis will help in better treatment and have a good prognosis. I have tried to provide a small insight into how and when to start screening for breast cancer in females. This article will provide you the necessary information in simplest possible terminologies. Read Article

Dr. Santosh Badaku Desai
Medical Oncologist

Importance of Breast Cancer Screening Every woman needs to know how and when she should get herself screened for breast cancer. As the incidence of breast cancer is gradually increasing in developing as well as the developed world, it is important to look for cancer before there are any obvious symp...  Read Article

Ask a Radiologist Now