Q. My mammogram result shows dense breast tissue. Please suggest your opinion about my mammogram results?

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Feb 18, 2021

My first mammogram result shows that I have dense breast tissue, and that was all. My doctor, who referred me for two small lumps in my breast, does not even look at the images. I have sent you the report that the radiologist sent me. Can you please take a second look and suggest your opinion about the results?

#

Based on the mammogram report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have heterogeneously dense breasts (Category C). There is no visualization of obvious breast lesions. However, I would surely suggest you do an ultrasound of the breasts for interpreting the mammogram findings. As you have not mentioned the side, I find markers in some images over the left breast, and I guess that there are lumps in the left breast. Please correct me if I am wrong. You have small axillary lymph nodes on both sides (more on left than right) and though they are small and not significant, getting it reviewed on an ultrasound scan is suggested.

|