Q. Why have I been prescribed Ovares plus, Letrozole and Duphaston?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have had three miscarriages. The doctor prescribed me to take Ovares plus before going to bed at night. Also, prescribed Letrozole 2.5 mg to take from the third day of period and Duphaston to take from the sixteenth day of the period. Why did the doctor prescribe me all these medicines? Am I pregnant?

#

These medications are given to support reproductive system to work normally and provide better response to get pregnant. Ovares plus (Coenzyme Q10, Melatonin, Dehydroepiandrosterone) act by increasing thiamine level inside the cell to get better working of immune and reproductive systems and boost bones, skin, female body physiology and metabolism.

Letrozole is aromatase inhibitor normally used in breast cancer to reduce estrogen. Here as you have not mentioned your complete history like menstrual, drug, medicine and related to hormonal imbalance and all laboratory tests related to it, I cannot say why exactly it was given but in case of heavy abnormal hair growth, the polycystic ovary that is disturbing normal menstrual cycle and ovulation, it might help.

Duphaston (Dydrogesterone) is to protect conception, if it is there and help to promote fertilization if possible.

It would be nicer if I would have your detailed history. Have nutritious diet with low spice, salt, and sugar. Do yoga, walk and do light exercise daily. Take Folic acid 0.4 mg daily if you are not having any chronic disease like epilepsy or diabetes (need 5 mg daily dose). Try to have a full treatment of any disease or problem you have diagnosed with you and your husband. Have sex activity in the fertile period of the cycle. Quit alcohol, ketamine, cocaine both of you and have recreational activities like swimming, painting, etc.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|