Q. I have post-concussion symptoms. How can I manage it?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka
and medically reviewed by Dr.Meera Premanand

I have experienced numerous concussions over the years. Recently I hit my head by falling; since then, I have experienced headaches, brain fog, and forgetfulness. In the last few weeks, with the start of snowboard season, I have fallen a few times, all minor falls and some without any head contact to the ground, but I am still feeling post-concussion symptoms. I am finding the truth in the research that successive concussions make one more susceptible to subsequent concussions. Can I build back my tolerance for taking blows, particularly to the body, for falls in action sports? I have mild headaches, forgetfulness, and cognitive slowing many concussions over the years. Please help.

#

Regarding your concern, I would explain that you are still at the right time to build back your tolerance to concussion. All you need to do is avoid a head trauma for a couple of months and have a regular healthy diet. You can have some rest, avoid sports or straining physical activity. I suggest the following:

1) Ginkgo supplements to help improve the brain blood microcirculation for brain fog.

2) A multivitamin.

|