Q. Can a minor head injury due to fall from a height result in brain tumor?

My now 18-year-old son fell from a height 14 years ago. He got a minor injury. I consulted a neurologist for a CT scan just for my satisfaction. But, the doctor said no he is absolutely fine. I am still worried whether in future he will suffer from a brain tumor because of this injury.

#

First of all, I would like to inform you that head injury is not a major risk factor for a brain tumor.

Most of the brain tumors occur because there are genetic predispositions and mutations in germline cells and no such event occurs due to head injury.

Secondly, since he just fell down and there was just a minor injury, I can assure you that there is no risk from that fall during his lifetime.

Regards,

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|