Q. Which type of multivitamin can be given to a 3 weeks old infant?

Dr. Lalit Bansal
Published on Jan 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 08, 2019

My baby is 3 weeks old. He is on both breastfeeding and formula preparation. What type of multivitamin can be recommended for him? Kindly suggest a few and enlighten what all are necessary for growth.

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Neurology Paediatrics
#

Neonates need exclusive breastfeeding and can supplement formula feed as needed. Usually, there is no need for multivitamin supplement at this age and would not recommend unless there is a need for one.

For infant growth, all you need is timely feeds and breastfeeding. You start weaning at six months of age. Vaccines are important and make sure he gets all his vaccination on time through his pediatrician.

Can Bresol be used to treat asthma?

Query: Hello doctor, Thank you for giving us the first query free. I am 26 years old male suffering from asthma for the past 14 to 15 years. So, I feel shame for myself when I use an inhaler. I am not able to go on tour especially in winter because I do not want to share my worst condition in front of my ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Ovares Plus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last four months. I have consulted my gynecologist and she found that I am having PCOS. She suggested me to take Ovares plus. Is it fine to take?  Read Full »

My recent reports showed high levels of TSH and cholesterol. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got a full body check-up done, and I discovered that I have several deficiencies, which include vitamin D, Vitamin B12, iron, and folic acid. Also, my TSH and cholesterol levels are high. I do not like nonvegetarian food and milk. Is it fine if I start Nutrilite D and Nutrilite...  Read Full »