Q. Which type of multivitamin can be given to a 3 weeks old infant?

Dr. Lalit Bansal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 08, 2019

My baby is 3 weeks old. He is on both breastfeeding and formula preparation. What type of multivitamin can be recommended for him? Kindly suggest a few and enlighten what all are necessary for growth.

#

Neonates need exclusive breastfeeding and can supplement formula feed as needed. Usually, there is no need for multivitamin supplement at this age and would not recommend unless there is a need for one.

For infant growth, all you need is timely feeds and breastfeeding. You start weaning at six months of age. Vaccines are important and make sure he gets all his vaccination on time through his pediatrician.

| 

Can Bresol be used to treat asthma?

Query: Hello doctor, Thank you for giving us the first query free. I am 26 years old male suffering from asthma for the past 14 to 15 years. So, I feel shame for myself when I use an inhaler. I am not able to go on tour especially in winter because I do not want to share my worst condition in front of my ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Ovares Plus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last four months. I have consulted my gynecologist and she found that I am having PCOS. She suggested me to take Ovares plus. Is it fine to take?  Read Full »

My recent reports showed high levels of TSH and cholesterol. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got a full body check-up done, and I discovered that I have several deficiencies, which include vitamin D, Vitamin B12, iron, and folic acid. Also, my TSH and cholesterol levels are high. I do not like nonvegetarian food and milk. Is it fine if I start Nutrilite D and Nutrilite...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»