Condom Allergy

How to get rid of condom allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband often goes on long trips for work. We have sex normally in an interval of 15 to 20 days. We are together for two years, but I still cannot satisfy him. The problem is whenever we have sex the first time it goes smoothly, but after that I have so much trouble to get intimate. I ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A lot of females have allergy to condom and they develop symptoms like you develop. But, that should not be a thing to feel guilty. Your problem of poor intimacy is because of that allergy and consequent rashes on vagina. This has resulted in repulsion and a fear which re...  Read Full »

I Have A Swollen Labia After Protected Intercourse. What Should I Do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had sexual intercourse last night with protection. Immediately after, I went to take a shower and I see that my left labia majora is swollen but painless. It is kind of weird to walk lie down or sit. It was only my second time having sex. What should I do? Is this a dangerous situatio...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to worry. The possibilities for this swelling are: You could be allergic to the latex material of the condom. So, due to the friction, the local skin is showing a reaction. Maybe, the other labia is also slightly swo...  Read Full »

Skin of penis is peeling a day after sex. Can it be yeast infection or STD?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had sex and a day after, the skin on his penis was peeling. I have no clue what it means. It is still peeling and we had sex a week ago. I went to get it checked out I have not heard anything yet. He said he got checked two weeks ago and I got checked a day after. Ple...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The peeling of skin after sexual intercourse occurs in 3 to 5 % of men. The most common cause is allergic (contact dermatitis), followed by fungal infection and STD like chlamydia or gonococcal infection. However, STD is associated with pain and dysuria. The other tw...  Read Full »

I have an abrasion on my vagina, with severe itching. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, There is a purplish red abrasion on my vagina, which is the size of a small coin and it is really swollen. It stings when I urinate and is generally uncomfortable. I have not been sexually active for over a month, but I have had an infection for the past few days. Is this serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vaginal abrasions are quite common and can cause a lot of discomfort. It could be due to any one of the following reasons: Sexual intercourse without enough lubrication. The use of sanitary pads. Very tight inner wears and jeans which cause friction. Latex allergy due ...  Read Full »

How to check if I am allergic to latex?

Query: Hi doctor, I had oral sex with a condom. I got a white dot on the top of the roof as well a lesion in the mouth. I have attached the picture. I believe I am allergic to latex. Is this an allergic reaction? Or what can it be? What can I do to make this go away? It has been like this for two days.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Here is how to check if you are allergic to latex. If you think oral sex had lead to such an allergic reaction, then it should be present in one to two days from the contact of lat...  Read Full »