HomeAnswersOphthalmology (Eye Care)conjunctivitisMy wife and kid have yellowish eye discharge from the morning. What to do?

My wife and kid have yellowish eye discharge. How to cure this?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 2, 2017
Reviewed AtFebruary 2, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Today morning, my kid 1.5 years old and wife's eyes got stuck with yellow discharge. The top of the eye become slightly red, and the eye seems heavy and tiny little bit. The eyes were cleaned with saline water, and the yellow deposit got cleared. How to avoid further yellow discharge and cure the symptoms? Kindly suggest an eye drop.

Answered by Dr. Vaibhev Mittal


Welcome to icliniq.com.

The symptoms are suggestive of viral conjunctivitis. The other symptoms of viral conjunctivitis include mild lid edema, foreign body sensation, watering, discharge and redness. You can prevent this by using two handkerchiefs (one for each eye), keeping eyes and hands clean and avoiding physical contact like shaking hands. Regarding treatment, antibiotic eyedrop like Moxifloxacin six times daily, lubricating eyedrop like Flogel (Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose) thrice daily and mild steroid eyedrop like Fluorometholone in the case of corneal involvement. It is viral conjunctivitis, and it usually takes two weeks for complete recovery. It is a provisional diagnosis. Kindly consult your local ophthalmologist for a complete eye checkup and take treatment with consent.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy