Q. Which medicine should we use for bloodshot eye?

Dr. Shikha
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

My husband has a bloodshot eye for a several days already and it is getting worse. We tried to use some drops, but that does not help. What we should do? He said that his vision has become blurred.

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Has he suffered any trauma or any systemic history of any illness?
  • Please send some pictures if possible to help.

Revert back with the photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

Here are the photos. He did not have any injuries. It has started two years ago and comes back once in every five to six months.

Dr. Shikha

#

• His eyes are congested (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and he is having circumcorneal congestion. It appears to be conjunctivitis as there is so much of discharge.
  • Try using antibiotic eye drops 2 hourly for the first three days and then taper to qid (four times a day).
  • Do warm compresses and take care of lid hygiene.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

Which medicine should we use? Would you be able to suggest?

Dr. Shikha

#

• I suggest Moxifloxacin eye drops. But, you will have to recheck for other diagnosis if there is no relief in three days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

For further doubts consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|