Q. I am having constipation and it is painful to pass stools. Is Enema advisable?

Dr. Albana Greca

I am constipated and I do want to pass stools but passing them is extremely painful. I took two laxative pills but they cannot work due to the fact that my stool is too hard to be passed. Tomorrow I was planning on buying an at home enema, since it is too late to go to a drug store, and two hours ago I developed fever and headache. Should I be concerned or wait to see if the enema or the suppository laxatives will work on me?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You should take an enema if one is not working then apply another adult enema. Applying olive oil on the anal area can help together with sitting on warm baths to help ease bowel movement. Should increase water intake. Take olive oil (1 full tablespoon) early in the morning. Take Psyllium or Prune fiber early in the morning. If altogether not working, then should see your physician.

| 

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

Can chronic constipation cause prostatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from bladder and lower back pain for about six months now. I have been to the doctor several times and each time the test was negative for infection. I used to get relief from symptoms once I take the antibiotics, but the pain will recur. I do no...  Read Full »

What is the reason for constipation in children?

Query: Hi doctor, My child was constipated for the past four days. Our doctor gave enema and he passed his stools. Now, again, he is suffering from constipation. What is the reason?  Read Full »