Q. My constipation is so bad that I have to evacuate the stools with my fingers. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Noushif M and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Constipation or Anal Fissure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have an anal fissure, internal hemorrhoid, SRUS, and constipation. One year ago, I was suffering from a hard stool that was difficult to pass. I went to a gastroenterologist, who did a colonoscopy and found that I had an anal fissure and internal hemorrhoid. He prescribed Sitcom Forte, Eldicet, Velgut, and Pankreoflat. He also gave me Sucralcoat Ano cream. However, every night I was in too much pain. So, early this year, I decided to consult an Ayurveda doctor who gave me some Kashayams and tablets. However, my pain did not subside. I used to evacuate the stools using my fingers. That eliminated the stools, but there was so much mucus released and extreme pain after motion. Two months ago, I went to a GP who gave me some antibiotics and painkillers for five days. During this time, I was always sleepy. I took leave from work and was always tired and fatigued. Earlier this month, I went to another GI specialist who did a sigmoidoscopy and said that it is SRUS. He said that I should not finger evacuate the stools and gave me liquid paraffin and LoX cream.

Now, my current situation is that it has been three days and I am very constipated and fatigued. The pain has subsided a little. However, I am not passing stools as I used to before. After I drink water or eat something, I get a vomiting sensation. I get anxiety and panic attacks as I am scared about my condition and do not know which doctor I should consult and what I should do. Is this condition serious and life-long? Will I ever be cured? Please advise on the correct medications (allopathy or ayurveda), lifestyle changes and other things to take care.