Q. For the given eye power, what should be the power of the contact lenses?

Dr. Gargi Madhukar Apte

I have a power of 4.00 SPH, cylinder 0.50, an axis of 180 on OD, and a power of 3.75, cylinder 0.50, and axis OD 165 on OS. What type of contact lenses should I choose? What should be the power of the contact lenses? Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

I would suggest a contact lens power of -4 in OD and -3.75 OS, the same as your spherical glass power. So buy Spherical contact lenses with the power mentioned above. The cylinder is insignificant when converting glass power to a contact lens in your case, as it is only -0.50.

|