Q. My eye power was -0. 5 and it has increased to -1. 5. How to get rid of spectacles?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Published on Oct 24, 2019

My eye power is only -0.5, but now it has increased to -1.5. I think it is due to the side effects of Perinorm tablets, which I was taking before six months. I am currently taking homeopathic medicines to remove my glass. Please suggest to me how to get rid of spectacles?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

As you grow in height and built, similarly, your eye size changes, so as your glass number. Usually myopia (minus number) starts at 7-8 years of age and keep on changing till 20-22 years.

Your glasses number is small.

Keep using glasses and visit your doctor once in six months or once in a year for any change in glasses.

Once the number stops changing and get stable, then you can get rid of glasses with Laser surgery, that is very simple. But for that you number should be stable and should not be changing. So you might need to wait till that age.

No need to take any medication.

Change in number is just like your change in height and your shoe size. Do not worry. Do not take unnecessary medicines.

I have myopia. What can I do to reduce power and quit glasses completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old boy and I have myopia (2.5 approximately in both the eyes) and I am wearing glasses since two and a half years. Now, I am thinking to quit glasses. What best can I do to reduce the power and quit glasses completely?  Read Full »

If I do not wear spectacles for an hour,will it increase my eye power?

Query: Hello Doctor, If I do not wear spectacles for an hour everyday, will it increase my eye power or damage my eyes?  Read Full »

Why are my new glasses giving me a headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male. This is the fourth time I am changing my spectacles. But this time, the spectacles are hurting my ears and my right eye. And I also have a headache. What do I do?  Read Full »