Q. My eyes are sore after using contact lens. Why?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2020

I accidentally put a daily contact for astigmatism in my eye, but I do not have astigmatism. I took it out right after because it really hurts. But, my eyeball is still sore. Could it have caused damage?

#

• This could be due to corneal irritation caused by ill-fitting of contact lens. Please do not worry.
  • Discontinue contact lens and use lubricating eye drop frequently.
  • It will resolve by tomorrow. If it persists, then consult a local ophthalmologist.
  • There could be mild corneal abrasion. In that case, the doctor may prescribe you an antibiotic along with NSAID eye drop (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug).

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|