Contusion

Please suggest treatment for my arm that got trapped in a door.

Query: Hi doctor, I got my arm trapped between a metal pole and an electrically controlled door. The blood flow was cut off for around 30 seconds to a minute. My arm is quite painful and swollen. It has some blood spots and my wrist hurts when I bend my hand and fingers. Do I need to see a doctor? Is it sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having blood spots over the skin is a sign of the hematoma (blood collection), which could be the cause of soft tissue injury in that area. You need to see a doctor if you observe any of the following. Watch for the color of your arm and the injured area. If it is turning...  Read Full »

I am having pain above knee after getting hit during go-carting. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and went go-carting. I got hit with great force by another cart which caused my inner thigh to hit a pole on the inside of the cart causing great pain. The pain is very sore and at first, I could barely walk. I can gently push the area and feel a lot of pain just abov...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for using this platform. It sounds like you had a pretty bad impact on your inner thigh. Luckily, it sounds like you were still able to walk in spite of the pain. This means that there is a very low likelihood that you may have a bony or joint injury. Nevertheles...  Read Full »

Had surgery for FTP contusion and SDH following a RTA. When will he get conscious?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is 60 years old. Before 15 days, he met with an accident and was injured on the right side of the head. There was bleeding on both the ears and some cholesterol like thing was there in one ear. We have noticed that, but not sure what it was. We have admitted him in the hospital an...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. He is in coma. The time to recovery will be longer and we cannot predict that now. As he is in coma, he can only feel the pain and not touch. Also, he will not be able ...  Read Full »

I had a knee injury during a sports competition. Please help me treat it.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. My left shoulder has been having a tingling sensation, which starts when I use the laptop¬†for typing or playing games. I have been having this symptom for more than half a year, this tingling sensation starts when I am just sitting down. It does not hurt, but it...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This tingling pain over the shoulder can be due to the cervical spine nerve irritation or nowadays it is a new symptom affecting many young people using electrical gadgets. The knee pain can be an injury to ligaments or just a contusion. I suggest you try do...  Read Full »