Q. My arm got trapped in a door. What should I do?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Nara and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Soft Tissue Injury or Splinting? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I got my arm trapped between a metal pole and an electrically controlled door. The blood flow was cut off for around 30 seconds to a minute. My arm is quite painful and swollen. It has some blood spots and my wrist hurts when I bend my hand and fingers. Do I need to see a doctor? Is it sprained? What should I do?