Q. I have two holes with hard surrounding in my foot. What is it?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 12, 2019

I am 20 years old. Before three months, I noticed two small holes beneath my right foot at a depth of 1 mm. Its surrounding has become hard. I feel pain when I press it. Also, the pain is like burning sensation and it is not itchy. Please help.

#

• These are corns. These are painful on pressure.
  • They are best dealt with radiocautery, which is a simple office based surgery with cautery machine or by laser.
  • It is a superficial procedure which would be performed by your dermatologist and only local anesthesia is required.
  • Wear soft footwear as they are formed due to local pressure.
  • Salicylic and lactic acid based lotion may be used topically. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • You can apply it in a small amount every night, but it is not as effective as the surgical option.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

My wife is a diabetic patient.She feels heaviness and numbness in both her feet.Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 62 years old. She is a diabetic patient. She feels heaviness and numbness in both her feet. She is not able to sleep in the night. She is taking tablet Glycomet GM2 - one tablet in the morning, tablet Sitagliptin 50/500 one tablet at night,  tablet Pregabalin 75 and active ...  Read Full »

How to use a corn cap?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a corn in my right foot for the last 15 days. Initially, I applied antibiotic ointment and taken some antibiotics ointment. And, now I have applied corn cap. I want to know whether my treatment in going in the right direction. Can corn caps alone take care of corn? I have applied co...  Read Full »

How are venereal warts treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed venereal warts under my penis foreskin. They are not painful and are non-itchy as well. As it is a matter of concern that how I developed it, my doctor on seeing it directly asked to go for a laser surgery. Kindly look over the matter and seek necessary help.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»