Q. I have two holes with hard surrounding in my foot. What is it?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
Published on Nov 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 12, 2019

I am 20 years old. Before three months, I noticed two small holes beneath my right foot at a depth of 1 mm. Its surrounding has become hard. I feel pain when I press it. Also, the pain is like burning sensation and it is not itchy. Please help.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• These are corns. These are painful on pressure.
  • They are best dealt with radiocautery, which is a simple office based surgery with cautery machine or by laser.
  • It is a superficial procedure which would be performed by your dermatologist and only local anesthesia is required.
  • Wear soft footwear as they are formed due to local pressure.
  • Salicylic and lactic acid based lotion may be used topically. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • You can apply it in a small amount every night, but it is not as effective as the surgical option.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

My wife is a diabetic patient.She feels heaviness and numbness in both her feet.Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 62 years old. She is a diabetic patient. She feels heaviness and numbness in both her feet. She is not able to sleep in the night. She is taking tablet Glycomet GM2 - one tablet in the morning, tablet Sitagliptin 50/500 one tablet at night,  tablet Pregabalin 75 and active ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not get worried as your wife's treatment is on the right path but, some changes are required in the prescription. Tablet Voglibose 0.2mg thrice daily. Tablet Glycomet forte one tablet twice daily. Tablet Pregabalin 150 mg at night. Capsule Mecobalamin one ta...  Read Full

I have a corn in my foot. Can corn cap remove that?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a corn in my right foot for the last 15 days. Initially, I applied antibiotic ointment and taken some antibiotics ointment. And, now I have applied corn cap. I want to know whether my treatment in going in the right direction. Can corn caps alone take care of corn? I have applied co...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have developed callosity or plantar wart. Corn cap application macerated the surrounding area. Since you already applied it before two days, I would suggest ...  Read Full

What is the treatment for venereal warts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed venereal warts under my penis foreskin. They are not painful and are non-itchy as well. As it is a matter of concern that how I developed it, my doctor on seeing it directly asked to go for a laser surgery. Kindly look over the matter and seek necessary help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Genital warts are usually acquired by sexual contact. If the lesions are small, you can apply Imiquimod ointment on them for few days and they will clear. If they are extensive, then you should undergo laser cauterization or cryocautery. If they are confined to...  Read Full