Q. I have two holes with hard surrounding in my foot. What is it?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 12, 2019

I am 20 years old. Before three months, I noticed two small holes beneath my right foot at a depth of 1 mm. Its surrounding has become hard. I feel pain when I press it. Also, the pain is like burning sensation and it is not itchy. Please help.

#

• These are corns. These are painful on pressure.
  • They are best dealt with radiocautery, which is a simple office based surgery with cautery machine or by laser.
  • It is a superficial procedure which would be performed by your dermatologist and only local anesthesia is required.
  • Wear soft footwear as they are formed due to local pressure.
  • Salicylic and lactic acid based lotion may be used topically. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • You can apply it in a small amount every night, but it is not as effective as the surgical option.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|