Q. What is the treatment for venereal warts?

Dr. Vivekanandan. G
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 11, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

I have developed venereal warts under my penis foreskin. They are not painful and are non-itchy as well. As it is a matter of concern that how I developed it, my doctor on seeing it directly asked to go for a laser surgery. Kindly look over the matter and seek necessary help.

#

Genital warts are usually acquired by sexual contact.

If the lesions are small, you can apply Imiquimod ointment on them for few days and they will clear.

If they are extensive, then you should undergo laser cauterization or cryocautery.

If they are confined to prepuce, then you can get them removed by circumcision.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|