Q. What is the treatment for venereal warts?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 11, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

I have developed venereal warts under my penis foreskin. They are not painful and are non-itchy as well. As it is a matter of concern that how I developed it, my doctor on seeing it directly asked to go for a laser surgery. Kindly look over the matter and seek necessary help.

#

Genital warts are usually acquired by sexual contact.

If the lesions are small, you can apply Imiquimod ointment on them for few days and they will clear.

If they are extensive, then you should undergo laser cauterization or cryocautery.

If they are confined to prepuce, then you can get them removed by circumcision.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

I have plantar wart and undergoing freezing for it. What else can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting treatment for a plantar wart for a year now. Freezing it every two weeks at the clinic and then scraping the skin at home three times a week. However, I am still not getting rid of it. I have read that the treatment usually works way faster than that.  Read Full »

Can warts recur after 11 years?

Query: Hi doctor, 11 years ago, I had genital warts. As I embarrassed to go to the doctor I ordered Aldara online and it worked. My question is what if I missed a wart after all this time? I do have a few very tiny white specks on underside of the head on my penis. When I showed them to my regular physicia...  Read Full »

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»