Q. Is there a way to prevent little moles from coming all over my body?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy
Published on Feb 14, 2018

I am an 18 year old girl and I am starting to notice little moles all over my body. Nothing unusual or worrisome. My mother and grandmother are also covered in moles so I guess I should have expected it. My question is, is there a way that I can prevent them from coming in or at least slow down the process? I am most concerned about the ones on my face. I have a number of them under and around both of my eyes. They are still in the "beginning stages" I guess. They have not risen and you can only tell if you get close to me. But I am afraid that over time they will grow in and be harder to look over.

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatology Venereology
#

I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

These are not moles. These are called dermatosis papulosa nigra (DPN). It a genetic condition, runs in families. These have to be removed individually.

Options are:

• Radiofrequency cautery.
  • Co2 laser.
  • Chemical peel.

Schedule an appointment with a dermatologist for this procedure.

I am very sorry there is no measure to prevent it from appearing since it is a genetic condition. However, gentle facial scrubs may help some individuals. Take care.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

How to increase head size?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old girl, and I am 5.7 feet tall. My head circumference is 53 cm and only 6 inches long. As you probably understand from those facts that my head is extremely small. Compared to my body my head looks tiny. It also looks small when compared to other girls who are my age...  Read Full >>

Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have few questions for you as follows. At what age did you start getting your period? Have you ever had any hormonal evaluation? Do anyone in your family (mother, sister, or aunts) have a similar problem? Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --&g...  Read Full

Please advice whether being very emotional is related to psychiatric behavior.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a female, 29 years old, Height 5'6", weight around 54 kg. I am not undergoing any treatment but want to know that whether being very emotional is related to psychiatric behavior or is it hereditary in anyway as my mother was not a totally mad person but required to undergo some treatm...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would refrain from using the term mad as we do not consider anybody mad. Psychiatric conditions are just like any other medical illness with proper treatment of each condition. It is common for family members of psychiatric patients to also have a psychiatric illne...  Read Full

The mole on my arm has two different brown shades. Give me your opinion please.

Query: Hi doctor,I have got a mole on my arm that measures 5 mm and is flat. I have always had this mole. I have not noticed it changing and it has not bled or itched. I am a bit concerned though that it has two different brown shades in it and would like your opinion on it, please.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, I have seen few important things. It is irregular in shape (do not know whether it is in this shape from the beginning), which is not a good sign in my opinion. Secondly, there is ...  Read Full