Q. Is there a way to prevent little moles from coming all over my body?

Answered by Dr. Ashwini V Swamy and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Mole or Genetic Inheritance? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am an 18 year old girl and I am starting to notice little moles all over my body. Nothing unusual or worrisome. My mother and grandmother are also covered in moles so I guess I should have expected it. My question is, is there a way that I can prevent them from coming in or at least slow down the process? I am most concerned about the ones on my face. I have a number of them under and around both of my eyes. They are still in the "beginning stages" I guess. They have not risen and you can only tell if you get close to me. But I am afraid that over time they will grow in and be harder to look over.