Q. Due to oil splash, my retina swells up and there is no proper vision. When will it get normal?

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Published on Dec 10, 2019

Some oil went into my retina around 20 days back. I consulted some doctor's, but different doctors gave different advice. While doing some work my retina swells up in the left eye and the vision is not proper. When will it be all right?

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have seen your medical notes and can assure you that you should be doing fine. I also read that you have had lasik surgery done in the past. First of all the oil did not effect your retina, which is the innermost portion of the eye, not exposed to the out side. The oil effected your cornea which is the outer layer in front of your eye. Because of the oil splashing on your cornea, there was a swelling on your cornea, which is called as corneal edema in medical language. Fortunately, your vision is 6/6 in both eyes, which is 100% normal vision. My advice is that please continue the current treatment and follow with your treating doctor.

I can assure you that as the corneal edema subsides your vision will also improve.

| 

While washing my eyes, I felt something got torn in my eye.

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I am afraid you have not given enough information about your condition. When you say 'something torn' in my eye, I can think of something called as corneal abrasion. This is fairly common and results from accidentally injuring your eyes, in your case, I think while washing your eyes. Anyways, I advise you to visit your eye doctor immediately.

| 

MOG IgG positive, and NMO IgG negative with vision problem. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, MOG IgG positive, and NMO IgG negative. Sudden problem in vision of one eye. Age 9 years, female. Treatment IVMP for five days. Please suggest the best possible treatment and please explain about the condition.  Read Full »

Why am I having blurred vision on fourth day of foreign body removal from cornea?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently went to an ophthalmologist to have a foreign body removed from my cornea. I have been applying the overnight cream and drops during the day but on day four, my vision appears to be more blurry. Is this a normal part of healing?  Read Full »

How to resolve peripheral vision problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from peripheral vision for the past one year. I cannot control my peripheral vision by ignoring the people just beside my main vision. It is much wider than foveal vision and it seems like I am staring the person. Please help me to resolve this.  Read Full »