Cough With Blood

What does pulmonary hyperaerated, bilateral, in a chest x-ray mean?

Query: Goodmorning. I have experiencing cough and weird feeling (something difficult) when I exhale which Im experiencing for more than a month now. I cough out blood with plegm. Fresh blood. Thats when I went to call a hospital for check up but thwy told me to go to municipality health center. Currenrly I...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hello thanx for the query. I can understand ur concern.according to ur statement u have been suffering from cough every now and then and u had a past history of bronchitis and ur recent CXR remaks-pulmonary hyperaerated bilateral which means where is the lung volume is abnormally increased,with inc...  Read Full »

What causes blood in sputum?

Query: Hello doctor, Over the last two days, I have had a bad sore throat. It also accompanies with a slight cough, trouble in sleeping, occasional uncommon sweating, body soreness or fatigue, slight vomiting and voice loss. It is not really getting better. It originally appeared to be just a bad cold, b...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details you have provided I strongly suspect that you are suffering from an acute upper respiratory tract infection. The bacterial products and body's response against the invading organisms are causing you the symptoms of sore throat, fever, sweating, fatigue, e...  Read Full »

Why do I have intercostal strain and blood in sputum?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I was diagnosed with an intercostal strain. The symptoms are pain in the area of strain and swelling. Unfortunately, I have developed a frightening symptom where I am coughing up blood coated mucus. My father who worked as an EMT says that it is not an emergency and that I sh...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in sputum should not be ignored and should be taken seriously. The causes could be bronchitis, bronchiectasis, lung abscess, etc. High rate of cigarette smoking is the main underlying cause for the above mentioned pathological diseases. You have to undergo several ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of blood in sputum?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 55 years old. He is a patient having DM, CAD, CABG, HT, CKD and SHT. Now, he has severe cough for more than 15 days and can see blood occasionally while spitting. He is also undergoing dialysis twice in a week. His present hemoglobin is 8.1, creatinine is 4.6 and urea is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

Child Health Specialist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to cliniq.com. Your father has severe renal failure. The blood in cough could be due to many reasons. I think you need to concentrate on his dialysis. If blood in sputum continues, then we need to find out reasons for this by x-ray or CT scan. I do think you should not be w...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurvedic medicine for persistent cough.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39 year woman. I read about ayurveda on the internet and would like to use it as a means to find a lasting cure for my health problems. I have been coughing for over 2 years now and cough up blood and also have pain on the right upper side of my back. I also experience dizzines...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good to hear about ayurveda from you. But we cannot neglect chronic cough with blood. So, it is my humble request for you to visit a local physician immediately and get back to me with the reports like x-ray, blood test, etc.  Read Full »

I am coughing up blood in the mornings past three days. Should I worry?

Query: Hi doctor, I saw a blood streak while coughing into a tissue in the morning for the past three days, occurring only in the morning. I had a cold, but now I have just been coughing for the past 10 days. Please tell me if the blood I see is something to worry about or not. Also, I would like to know ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramkesh Prasad

General Practitioner, Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have a blood streak while coughing and only in the morning. You have also mentioned that you have a cold. There are many possibilities as to what caused the blood streak with your cough. As you have been suffering from a cough, it is hi...  Read Full »

Does it require a medical attention when getting phlegm with blood?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner had phlegm with blood just now without coughing. He does not have chest pain and a fast heartbeat. Before a day, he also had a headache and hot temperature. Yesterday, he poked his nose with his finger at night. This morning, he had phlegm coming with a portion of blood. Does ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A possible diagnosis can be lung cancer. For it, your partner must be a smoker for 15 to 20 years or over 50 years so that he can spit blood continuously. If your partner does not have these conditions, then you must be calm. Respiratory tract infection can also be a ca...  Read Full »

Why am I getting blood through nose and cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I had fever some 15 days back, which lasted for two days. Now, for the past few days, blood is coming out along with running nose. Also, I am getting blood through cough. I am not having fever now and feel normal. However, I feel that something oozing in the throat. Aro...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. As you have mentioned that there is blood in nasal secretion and cough and the chest x-ray is normal, I think this is related to the sinus infection. Many times chronic sinusitis can cause prolonged run...  Read Full »

I cough up mucus with specks of blood. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,The last few weeks I have been coughing a lot. Multiple times a day I will gag and cough up mucus. Sometimes it is clear and sometimes it is green with red specks in which I assume is blood. I have a pressure on my chest so breathing can be hard.  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and went through the attachment you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes violent coughing can lead to specks of blood in sputum. You said that you have chest congestion and greenish sputum. That means you ar...  Read Full »

Is coughing blood be a serious concern?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having cough since 5 days. I have noticed little blood in my cough. I am worried about it. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Margi Barot

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the following information in order to rule out other possibilities. As you have said you had cough. I would like to know more about your cough.Is it sudden onset or chronic? Is it dry or with sputum? Any similar episode in recent past? If yes, then an...  Read Full »