Cough With Blood

Please suggest ayurvedic medicine for persistent cough.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39 year woman. I read about ayurveda on the internet and would like to use it as a means to find a lasting cure for my health problems. I have been coughing for over 2 years now and cough up blood and also have pain on the right upper side of my back. I also experience dizzines...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good to hear about ayurveda from you. But we cannot neglect chronic cough with blood. So, it is my humble request for you to visit a local physician immediately and get back to me with the reports like x-ray, blood test, etc.  Read Full »

I am coughing up blood in the mornings past three days. Should I worry?

Query: Hi doctor, I saw a blood streak while coughing into a tissue in the morning for the past three days, occurring only in the morning. I had a cold, but now I have just been coughing for the past 10 days. Please tell me if the blood I see is something to worry about or not. Also, I would like to know ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramkesh Prasad

General Practitioner, Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have a blood streak while coughing and only in the morning. You have also mentioned that you have a cold. There are many possibilities as to what caused the blood streak with your cough. As you have been suffering from a cough, it is hi...  Read Full »

Does it require a medical attention when getting phlegm with blood?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner had phlegm with blood just now without coughing. He does not have chest pain and a fast heartbeat. Before a day, he also had a headache and hot temperature. Yesterday, he poked his nose with his finger at night. This morning, he had phlegm coming with a portion of blood. Does ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A possible diagnosis can be lung cancer. For it, your partner must be a smoker for 15 to 20 years or over 50 years so that he can spit blood continuously. If your partner does not have these conditions, then you must be calm. Respiratory tract infection can also be a ca...  Read Full »

Why am I getting blood through nose and cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I had fever some 15 days back, which lasted for two days. Now, for the past few days, blood is coming out along with running nose. Also, I am getting blood through cough. I am not having fever now and feel normal. However, I feel that something oozing in the throat. Aro...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. As you have mentioned that there is blood in nasal secretion and cough and the chest x-ray is normal, I think this is related to the sinus infection. Many times chronic sinusitis can cause prolonged run...  Read Full »

I cough up mucus with specks of blood. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,The last few weeks I have been coughing a lot. Multiple times a day I will gag and cough up mucus. Sometimes it is clear and sometimes it is green with red specks in which I assume is blood. I have a pressure on my chest so breathing can be hard.  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query and went through the attachment you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes violent coughing can lead to specks of blood in sputum. You said that you have chest congestion and greenish sputum. That means you ar...  Read Full »

Is coughing blood be a serious concern?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having cough since 5 days. I have noticed little blood in my cough. I am worried about it. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Margi Barot

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the following information in order to rule out other possibilities. As you have said you had cough. I would like to know more about your cough.Is it sudden onset or chronic? Is it dry or with sputum? Any similar episode in recent past? If yes, then an...  Read Full »

Does coughing blood mean lung cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,I have reduced smoking. From past 30 days, I have only smoked maybe 10 to 12 cigarettes and trying to quit smoking. I had a dry cough but it was gone but sometimes I do a cough maybe three to four times in whole 24 hours. But while brushing my teeth today I was cleaning my tongue, I coughe...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Coughing up bloody sputum could be caused by many conditions like bronchitis, pneumonia, TB (tuberculosis), or lung cancer. Unfortunately, all these conditions are exacerbated by smoking. Your age, how much do you smoke and for how long? Have...  Read Full »

Is there any chance of lung cancer if there is spitting of blood with phlegm?

Query: Hello doctor,If X-ray is clear and the person is having a good appetite and no fatigue but the person is spitting up blood with phlegm not always. Sometimes the phelgm is white and sometimes black and sometimes traces of blood in phlegm. No chest pain, no shortness of breath. Is anything to worry? I...  Read Full »

Dr. Harsha D S

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your issues. Coughing up blood can be a symptom of many diseases like throat or chest infection, tuberculosis, bronchiectasis (a disease where your windpipes are damaged) or lung cancer. A detailed history of complaints and your reports are needed to dete...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for red sputum?

Query: Hi doctor, Initially, I had cold and cough, which now turned into sinus. I had Almox 500 mg for five days. For sinus I normally used to take Novamox 500. Sinus got cured but still I have some cold and cough. It has been 10 days. Since yesterday there are times when I blow my nose or spit, the sputu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acute sinusitis should be treated with 10 days of Amoxicillin and what you are having is acute on chronic sinusitis. I would suggest completing the course for next five days. Continue the steaming and use saline nasal spray. Do not blow your nose so hard. If the anti...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about blood in sputum?

Query: Hello doctor, Over the last two days, I have had a bad sore throat. It also accompanies with a slight cough, trouble in sleeping, occasional uncommon sweating, body soreness or fatigue, slight vomiting and voice loss. It is not really getting better. It originally appeared to be just a bad cold, b...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details you have provided I strongly suspect that you are suffering from an acute upper respiratory tract infection. The bacterial products and body's response against the invading organisms are causing you the symptoms of sore throat, fever, sweating, fatigue, e...  Read Full »