Q. Does spitting phlegm with blood is an alarming one?

Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cough With Blood or Upper Respiratory Tract Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My partner had phlegm with blood just now without coughing. He does not have chest pain and a fast heartbeat. Before a day, he also had a headache and hot temperature. Yesterday, he poked his nose with his finger at night. This morning, he had phlegm coming with a portion of blood. Does it require medical attention? Does spitting phlegm with blood is an alarming one? Please suggest.